This year we continued the tradition of doing The 25 Days of Christ but I added the ornaments and a tree. Each day as a family we read a scripture, a quote from a church leader, and sometimes watched a video clip about an element of Christ's life. The journey starts with his birth and ends with his resurrection. This year we also placed an ornament on a separate tree that symbolized the story we told. I love this tradition because it focuses on why we celebrate his birth. We celebrate his birth because we want to follow his example and use his gift; the gift of the atonement. I am grateful for this season and for my savior, Jesus Christ.
When we did the final night, Joshua was able to tell me the stories that went with all 25 ornaments. Later on, I offered to read his bedtime stories. I expected him to bring me some of our usual funny books. He brought me three books about Jesus. He climbed in my lap and said, "Well, since Christmas is all about Jesus I thought we should read more about Him."
My heart overflowed with love for this little boy and for this season of celebrating our Savior.
No comments:
Post a Comment