The Cutest Blog on the Block

Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Thanksgiving


My in-laws made the long drive and arrived at our house Wednesday evening.  It was good to see them again and I am always impressed with their ability/desire to make these trips.  I did basically all the cooking/cleaning on Wednesday so we could visit and play during their visit.

Rachel bought her own ingredients and surprised us with delicious pumpkin chocolate chip muffins for breakfast Thanksgiving morning.

Matt and I did our Saturday run and then we went to the church Turkey Bowl.  I cheered and visited and Matt played his annual game of football.  The annual part is what leaves him acting like an old man for the few days following. :-)

The Hyatts joined us around noon and it was time to eat!






I think the food was good ( I may be biased though).  Everyone wrote their gratitude thoughts on my Thanksgiving table cloth.  It was fun to see the hand prints and the messages from last year.  

My mom is sadly mostly confined to her bed.  She had hoped to be able to travel to see us but is still not up for the trip.  She contributed by cutting out the materials for the kids to make these cute turkeys.  



 Enjoying the beautiful weather in San Antonio






 Nathan had some pretty awesome bed head after his during Thanksgiving nap.





Later that evening it was time to read new books from Nani!





 We all ended our day with a nice family walk.  


Friday, we ventured out and did some shopping.  We didn't join in for the lines to get in early but really didn't see many crowds the whole day.  

The boys love their matching shirts.  Okay, well Nathan doesn't appreciate it yet but Joshua loves matching his brother.


PopPop and the grandsons decided we were taking way too long looking at wrapping paper in our favorite store, Target!


We made up for it though by eating at Chuy's for lunch.  Followed by dropping of Nathan to nap, and leaving Joshua and PopPop to watch a movie.  Then we went out for more shopping!  It was an adventure that took much longer than planned.  We were trying to find matching clothes to do a family picture in December but seriously the stores were working against us.  I will save you the drama.  Just know, that it is now handled but in the moment ahhh.....

Friday night, we went and had pedicures for the ladies.  It was very nice to sit, relax, and visit.  

Saturday, Matt had to be at work all day, Rachel had a babysitting job all day, and the company had to drive back to SC.  My in-laws and Rachel helped me bring in my Christmas boxes and even helped set part of it up before leaving.  I was so grateful.  Somehow, Matt has managed to work every year on the best day to set up for Christmas....

It was a wonderful although short holiday.  I am very grateful for the month of November and the intentional thought we try to give on recognizing all of our blessings.  

Speaking of blessings a few more pictures from the holiday weekend...









No comments: