The Cutest Blog on the Block

Thursday, December 5, 2013

Two Black Socks

As I was doing laundry, I reached for yet ANOTHER pair of socks only to realize that one black sock was 6-12 months and the other was 2t-3t.  The biggest smile instantly appeared on my face as the thought, "I have two boys now.  I can't just assume all little stuff goes in the same place" came to my mind.  I have two sweet boys and a good man by my side willing to do whatever it takes to help me raise them.  We are a team.  We may not be perfect parents but we are willing to learn from others, listen to the promptings of the spirit, and love them unconditionally.

This world is filled with a lot of gloom but this experience reminded me that we can find good anywhere and in anything.  Who knew that my smile could come from two mismatched black socks?  Where can I find my "good" today?  

1 comment:

Alyssa said...

So sweet Vanessa:) Don't you wish we could always be wearing those glasses, seeing the simple joys!