The Cutest Blog on the Block

Monday, December 2, 2013

Sea World/Snow World

On Saturday after the last set of grandparents left we knew we would need to do something to make up for our empty house.  We decided to get started with Christmas by taking the boys to Sea World for their special Christmas exhibits.  Sea World gives free tickets to all military members and their dependents each year.  I sure was glad that we only paid for parking for this adventure.  



Joshua loves to look at a map.



Nathan needing the magical shushing in the ear while being held close after the almost hour long wait to go into Snow World.

Joshua was thrilled with the "sandbox" of snow.  It was like SC snow on day 3 though....mainly a wet/ice mess.  Joshua and I waited in line and he zipped down the hill on an inner tube.  This was really all we came for so we should have just left at that point.  Joshua is still talking about how that was his favorite part and just so much fun.



 We also watched a Christmas Elmo show and he of course loved that as well.


After the show, Joshua said he wanted to ride the roller coaster.

I was skeptical because this is the kid that doesn't want you to put money in the little toys outside of malls because he doesn't want them to move.  We rode it and he loved it.  He raced off of the ride and took off to the merry-go-round.  He waited for 20 minutes to ride and started crying as soon as it was his turn.  That was the end of the evening.  No more rides.  I wanted to ride the little train through the snowman village for Christmas.  Make all these special Christmas memories.  Joshua said he was just too afraid.  (Big Sigh)   

 We saw Christmas lights and Joshua sang Jingle Bells throughout the entire evening on repeat.



It was an okay time and Joshua said the 15 minutes of Snow World and the one roller coaster was sooooo much fun.  However, Matt and I thought the hour of prep before you go followed by drive, park, load stroller, wait in lines, bottles on the go, unload stroller, load car, drive home, get overtired kids in bed....  not so sure.  It was worth 15 bucks for parking but I would have been disappointed if I had actually bought tickets.  



No comments: