The Cutest Blog on the Block

Monday, October 21, 2013

Transition Weekend!

Matt has been working LONG and UNPREDICTABLE days/nights lately.  Thursday he ended up doing a double lung transplant so he made it home after 21 hours of straight work.  Due to this he wasn't allowed to work all day Friday!  WOOHOO!  This was especially nice since Matt is finishing up this rotation and a new one starts Tuesday.  That is an unprecedented amount of time off for Matt.

Friday Matt still had to spend a few hours at the hospital but a few beats 12 or 20!  Friday afternoon we opened packages from Nani and PopPop!  I had birthday gifts which of course I decided to go ahead and open.  Joshua and Nathan had Halloween treats and cards to unwrap.  We love getting mail at our house!

We also had a fun time playing at the park.  We have had absolute beautiful weather here in San Antonio.  It has been a lot cooler!

Saturday I picked up our bountiful basket order.  I haven't done this in awhile but with honeycrisp apples as an extra to the order it was a must!  We love those apples in our house.  I enjoyed doing the pick up because I had several friends there and we chatted while we waited.

While, I picked up the basket of produce.  Matt and Joshua made rice krispy treats together.



Love Joshua's pronunciation in this video.

Saturday afternoon we went downtown as a family and took the boys to their first play.  A little friend had a birthday party there.

Our family of four joined our friends at the current showing, Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.  Both boys were great!  Nathan had a bottle right before it started and he just relaxed in my arms.  Joshua sat there silent and studied the stage and everything going on for the hour long show.  We will definitely take them to see more shows.  We ended the day with cake, ice cream, and the park.

Sunday was the blessing day and church.  See previous post.

Monday Matt had one more day off as he transitions to a new rotation where he will be working on weekends.  Matt had to get some things sorted out with Nathan and Tricare now that the adoption is finalized in the morning.  We also decorated these pumpkins or punkins as Joshua calls them.  The name of the game for me this month is easy so we just did stickers.  We might get out paint and add to these before Halloween but Joshua was happy.


These are two other fall crafts that we did last week.  



Finally, as I am trying to do this post Matt took this little video of Nathan.  Relaxing family day.  



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Let it be know that from this day forward for all our generations they shall be known as Ice Skippy treats! Let it be written, let it be done!

Ford Family said...

Oh my gosh, that video made me laugh so hard! Such a cutie! It was so good to see you guys this weekend. I swear it is going to happen again. Soon! :o)