Nathan's blessing day was a success in the fact that it happened. I wish that life were always rosy and I could in theory write this blog to reflect that but I want this to be real life. I get it printed every year and I want it to accurately record our life as a family. So, I will tell the truth.
The day started out fine. We actually slept in a little and then Joshua talked to Nani and Grandma using Facetime. Then Nathan took a nap and didn't wake up until really close to church time. I wanted to take all of these pictures of him in his white outfit. We took two and the camera died plus the pics weren't even that great.
Matt was at a church meeting before church and I'm trying to get both boys ready. We currently don't have church until 1:30 so it is this hang out all morning and then wait until the last second to get dressed because I want to feed J lunch not in his church clothes. We rolled into church at 1:28. (never a fun feeling)
Nathan was blessed first thing in the meeting. It was sweet to have Matt along with his friends Andrew, Brad, Milt, and our Bishop to give our son a name and a blessing. This moment was all that mattered truly about the day. However, I am a woman and I had other expectations in mind. I wanted pictures of Nathan and of our whole family. We took the picture you see at the top and then Nathan puked everywhere. Hahaha end photo shoot.
I didn't plan any big event with food and friends over because I am the primary president and we have our big primary program in one week so as soon as our sacrament meeting was over I hit the ground running with getting kids in their right places and trying to get everything in order. Matt and I balanced our two boys while we each did our church responsibilities. Although, my pictures didn't work out I still had high hopes for our relaxed family dinner at home. Well, after church was over I was meeting with the chorister as we finalized everything for next week. Matt and I didn't communicate very well and I thought he and Joshua had walked home and left me with Nathan and the car. However, I didn't have my keys or my phone since both were in Joshua's backpack with him. I carried my diaper bag, my huge church bag, and Nathan in his car seat all over the church and didn't see them. I saw the car though and decided to borrow a phone. I called Matt. No answer. I then had someone go to my house (we live around the corner) and knock on the door. No answer. Long story short - Matt was still at church just chatting it up with a work colleague on the phone. I was sweating and irritated to say the least when I was rescued by my husband who was oblivious to the whole thing since he didn't leave me as I thought. We got home from church over an hour late. Now, it was time to eat pbj sandwiches and put cranky kids to bed. My special dinner would have to wait. Matt and I were able to move on from the little frustration. We laughed about it....later. I was happy that what mattered most happened that day even if the extras I had in mind didn't go as planned. That is life isn't it?
No comments:
Post a Comment