The Cutest Blog on the Block

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Pumpkin Picking Bust or Not

Mid-October we decided to go to a pumpkin patch/carnival.  Joshua has been nonstop chattering about pumpkins this year and begging to have his own pumpkin.  Loving Groupon as I do, I found a sweet deal for admission, a pumpkin, and a tractor ride.  Family memories of joy and laughter here we come!  We drove 30 minutes or so to our destination.  They had changed the times and wouldn't be opening for 30 more minutes.  GREAT...Well, there were some cute animals in a fence right by the entrance we could look at and pet.  Don't worry I had hand sanitizer ready!  Well, Joshua was afraid and loudly proclaimed, "BACK TO CAR I SCARED."  I should have known then.  Fast forward 30 minutes, we are in line waiting to get in with everyone else that showed up super early.  Joshua is pointing to the bounce/jump houses and telling us he wants to do that.  Well as parents we are aiming to please so we paid the 3 extra bucks for the magical fun day experience.  The lady stamps his arm and we take 2 steps towards the inflatable.  He hears the loud fans and he is out.  STRIKE 2!

Joshua's feelings about the carnival
 
 All the boy wanted was a pumpkin


Don't forget there was a tractor ride in this groupon deal too....Joshua's feelings about the tractor ride.  
 My feelings on the adventure
 30 minute drive, 30 minute wait, 10 minutes there, headed home happy with our pumpkin.  Matt kindly informed me we could have just driven 3 minutes to Wal-Mart and bought our kid a pumpkin....sigh.  


2 comments:

Alyssa said...

He he he--too funny sounds just like me and Al. If the boys could retell our pumpkin patch experience I'm sure the only thing they'd mention was the scary dog...maybe the wagon ride :)

Michael, Casey, Collin, and Tate said...

I'm sorry, but this makes me laugh:) It's just like Christmas when you buy them the expensive toy and they end up playing more with the box it came in.