The Cutest Blog on the Block

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011


We had our first Thanksgiving in San Antonio. We were surprised to have company for this short holiday but no distance is too great for family when you have the best or only grandchild. Matt's parents and sister Kira joined us for this holiday. I made my first turkey which I must say was one of the best I've ever eaten. Just sayin'

I wasn't sure when Matt would be home from work on Thanksgiving so we planned a 5:30 dinner which meant we had time to play at the park before all of the cooking. Well we went earlier than I've ever gone before and the park was soaked! Joshua tried to play anyway. This is what happens when the big slide is really wet.

He was spitting and pulling bark out of his mouth for awhile following this trip down the slide. He didn't cry though. He just kept walking around and saying mess and wet.

We went back and hung out at home. We cooked and played the wii WITH MATT who was able to come home by 11!

We had the Hyatt Family over too (love them) and Joshua was showing Eliza all the things she shouldn't do. Luckily, for her parents she just smiled sweetly all night. :-)
Friday, Matt had requested and been granted the day off. We made our second trip downtown since we've moved here to take the family to the Alamo, Riverwalk, and The Market. We had fun and enjoyed a tasty meal downtown.





Joshua was not overly impressed though. Despite, his face it was a fun week!