Matt-finished one rotation and is now working orthopedics doing amputee service. He doesn't like that he starts at 5am and sometimes leaves at 9pm. He does like and feel honored to be taking care of the patients that have sacrificed limbs for our freedoms and are anxious and willing to go back to serve again. He was called on Sunday to be in the Sunday School Presidency (now we just have to get him to church to do it).
Vanessa- Still busy busy chasing after Joshua who is all toddler and no baby. He makes me sing primary songs to keep from getting frustrated. He makes me laugh out loud at his view on the world. He also gives me a love like I've never felt before. I'm sitting at the table typing this while he eats is cereal and I have to pause as a little boy continuously says, "Mama kiss" of course he gets one every time the sticky milk is an added bonus.
My calling at church keeps me way busier than I ever imagined. I still feel like when I read out the summary of what I accomplished I end up asking myself the same question. Why did that take hours? Hmm...maybe it is me. :-)
I am making great friends here in San Antonio because the people are fantastic. I am also still going to activities with church and with the BAMC Auxiliary (military medical wives). I attend when time and Matt schedule permits but there is always a social or service option with the BAMC ladies. Not only are they a lot of fun but the service offered goes to the Wounded Warriors Support Center. I can't think of a better way to feel connected to my hubby than to serve the families and soldiers of those that are currently receiving treatment. My 2012 goal is to find a way to do more of the service activities.
Joshua- Talking, talking, and more talking about everything even though truck sounds like duck and shirt is missing the "r" we love hearing him talk
Running, walking, and climbing on everything even when it results in bumps to the head as seen below
No comments:
Post a Comment