The Cutest Blog on the Block

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Youth Conference

Matt and I were chaperones for youth conference. It was a tri-stake event in Cullowhee, NC at Western Carolina University. I was so excited once I found out that not only would I get to bond with my youth but also with my greenville friends. The other 2 stakes there originally were just 1 stake when I was a youth and apart of the greenville stake so I knew leaders from both stakes. PLUS my dad and sister were there!!!! We had 9 youth, 2 chaperones, and our bishop with his wife. We loaded up the vehicles at 7 am to drive the 3.5 hours to NC. I drove our car. Matt drove one of the Bishop's cars and the Bishop drove another. I was a little nervous about the drive but there were only a few of the big trucks trying to run us off the road. :)

This was our group after white water rafting. We had quite an adventure on the river. Our raft was flipped in the middle of some rapids and while on the river one of the guys with the company told us that we had been given a raft that was really low on air on one side. This explained the extreme difficulty in keeping it straight and the 3 stops on the side of the river to dump the inch deep water out of our raft! We definitely made some memories and bonds on the river!

This was me and my girls before the last dance.


My girls front and center doing the Macarena.

Bishop and his wife with Michael


Michale and Karson breaking down the YMCA.

We had a great time. It was fun and really spiritual. I am so glad that Matt and I were able to spend time with our yw and ym even if we were a little sleep deprived. :-)



1 comment:

theSwensenFamily said...

Hi Vanessa!!! I'm finally reconnected with the world through internet! We just got set up! I can't believe how lost I am without the world wide web! I miss you SO MUCH!!! Your blog is absolutely darling. I love it! I am so happy we can stay in touch this way. I loved all of your pictures from youth conference. It looked like a lot of fun! Oh, I miss everyone so! You were so sweet to call me on my way out. I survived the flight and the move...just barely. Needless to say, my mom is flying up tomorrow to help me get settled since I'm still living out of boxes. We love our house and Corvallis is just beautiful but we miss you guys a ton! I'd love to chat and catch up! Hope you're doing well! How's that summer tan coming?