The Cutest Blog on the Block

Sunday, April 1, 2018

March 18 - April 1

My heart has been so full this month as my boys have really been growing up.  

Nathan was a perfect gentleman at our homeschool group.


Joshua has found a new spot for his homeschool work.

Nathan doesn't isn't able to form letters with writing yet but we love working with food.

My Dad came to celebrate his 60th birthday.  He hasn't been away from the house since Rachel came home in November after her accident.  The weather was perfect!  


We tried to show Grandpa the joys of Target.

Slowed down for movie time.

The boys wanted to celebrate all day long! Starting with the birthday crown for the King.

Dad went to the beach and we went to a church activity.  The kids loved finding eggs filled with candy and dying eggs.  I decided to check that box and we didn't worry about doing dye at home!  :-)




The boys have been cuddly lately.  I love it!  I have needed it.


After cake and singing, Matt had to go in to work.  Some friends organized a bonfire on the beach.  With Dad here I stuck to the plan to go.  Without him I probably would have decided to be lame and enjoy the easier option of staying home.  It was super, super windy but amazingly they were able to get a fire going and we had a wonderful evening.  Kids get so much supervision all the time.  It is nice for everyone when they are allowed to just play.  The wind and the water were loud enough that all we could hear was their laughter.  Kids were running free.  Adults were visiting.  Later on in the evening we gathered the kids a little closer.  We were listening to music, telling stories, and roasting hotdogs and marshmallows.  The practical Vanessa won and we were one of the first ones to leave but I still won in my kids eyes because it was 8:30 when we loaded up in the van to drive home.  (We are still 7:30 bedtime folks here)







We spent Sunday afternoon playing games.  Dad having his turn at the toilet spray game.

Dad humoring me for a selfie that doesn't have a double chin.  A man with this many daughters is gold indeed.  Side note- I am for real for real ready to tackle this weight that has exploded on me the last 6 months.  

My Dad loves the Beau Rivage if he happens to be around on a Monday (half price for military).  He doesn't love it as much as my boys though.  Yogurt, cheese, and donuts for Nathan.  Every pastry imaginable for Joshua.  Don't forget the chocolate milk for Nathan and the sprite for Joshua.

Boys, you will smile for this picture or we won't have any more fun today! :-)

Stopped at a park by the light house after breakfast.


Dad left and Tuesday we had a little time between piano and my doctor's appointment so we got to check out a new indoor playplace on the air force base.


Nathan officially became a student at Hogwarts since he has been so diligent in trying to do school work these days!

Joshua had a cavity at his cleaning appointment at the first of March.  This was the face after getting it taken care of and being numb still hours later.  It was quite a traumatic experience.  He cried all day.  He screamed and cried on the way there.  (Screaming is not Joshua).  He whimpered as he waited.  I went to the front counter and told them we would actually need gas despite telling them I didn't think we would when I made the appointment.  He survived it but man oh man I didn't know if I would.  Let's not do this again.  

Rachel has been having lots of issues getting insurance to pay for any of her medical bills.  She needed an accident report and this could only be done in person.  We hadn't ever been to Bay St. Louis so we decided to do it on a pretty day.  Got the report and saw a new little coast town.


 Easter Weekend.  The bunny arrived on Saturday.




Saturday and Sunday our church had general conference.  This happens twice a year and is always a time of inspiration and rejuvenation.  The boys watched awhile in their tents to be like the people of King Benjamin.  They did coloring sheets, word searches, and played candy BINGO.  They also spent time just listening.  It was really great.

Saturday evening we went to the park with friends while our husbands all had meetings.  It was enjoyable time had by all.  As I was leaving the park after making sure that all of my friends and their vans of children were safe and heading home, I was prompted to remember that I am needed just as I am.  You all know that I have been on a fruitless adoption adventure.  Not true, I have been on a childless adoption adventure.  I have learned many things and I continuously seek for more learning, understanding, and gratitude for my trials this last year.  There were many times at the park that I found ways to be engaged and helpful with the children that aren't mine.  My friends may be blessed with many children but I am grateful for the opportunities they allow for me to feel needed as I help.  




Sunday morning we talked about our savior and the gifts His atonement brought and continues to bring.  We made resurrection rolls together.  We spent the day eating, going for walks, and watching more conference.




 It is also April Fool's Day and the boys love/hate a prank.  We casually talked about how big their feet looked and then we decided to go for a walk.  Neither boy could get their shoes on and were quite puzzled.  They finally found the tissue paper stuffed in their shoes.  There were a few more pranks and we told them the pranks were over so they could relax.  :-)  



Joshua needs some practice on his delivery but he tried to get Matt.  Matt was a good sport and let Joshua "get him" even though he totally knew something bad was going to happen.  Matt got soaked pants in exchange for delighted laughter.  Love my 3 boys.

No comments: