We were still in the trenches of despair and uncertainty so Nani and PopPop came as quick as they could to us. We felt much better the whole weekend.
A friend had extra tickets to the monster truck jam. The boys went with Matt and had an awesome night! Nani and PopPop kept me company with Alice.
Cute Alice with Joshua ready for church.
We had fun at CFA for Easter Storytime and then we just kept going to Target. My friend, Marca had the big kids and I had the little kids. My buggy was pretty funny and actually quiet. Marca was hearing all about Minecraft and Harry Potter.
Alice was picked up on Thursday evening and Matt planned a boys' night with a movie and camping for that evening as a distraction.
That morning I packed up all the camping stuff since Matt had to work at regular time. The boys and I did laundry, school, and got the van packed. Saturday we woke up at 5:30 am so we could drive to Georgia for a wedding. Matt's beautiful cousin, Hannah was getting married in Athens. GA.
Sunday we spent the day visiting with Matt's family in Georgia. That evening we dropped Matt off at the airport. We planned to spend time in SC with family and friends. I hadn't set anything up yet with people since we weren't sure what was happening with us and Alice until the very last minute. However, our trip got cut short due to tummy and ear aches. :-(
The two days we visited the boys had a blast and enjoyed their doting aunts.
I got a few snuggles with Collin.
Laughs with Aunt Julia
Grandma Judy and PaPa Junior got to visit with us before we had to head back.
It snowed while we were there!
We went to Nana Jackie's house. Nathan had mud all over his pants and of course he told me about it right before we were going to arrive. I decided to stop at Wal-Mart and get him another pair of pants. We put those on and drove over. He was running through the yard with Landon on our way in the house and slid across the yard. Both pants legs were soaked and muddy! I died laughing telling Jackie about the reason for our late arrival and now second pair of muddy jeans. He wore some pj shorts while his pants dried. We had a great visit. It was amazing to hear all of the similarities between Landon and Nathan.
Checking on the pasture with Grandpa
The boys love the freedom they have their of jumping and walking trails.
Snuggling with Rachel and watching Scooby Doo
We made it home after hitting Atlanta before rush hour was over. Nathan got car sick while we were almost through Atlanta but not ready to stop. He covered my seat, his seat, the iPad, and everything else near him. Thankfully, I had baby wipes, clorox wipes, and new clothes since we packed for a week. We had to stop for a pee breaks and then 5 minutes later Nathan needed a poop break. Despite all of this we still made it in 9 hours. :-) Took Nathan straight to his ENT for a check on his ears. It wasn't quite the vacation I hoped but hey we saw a beautiful wedding and I always value family time even if we didn't get to see everyone.
We came home early so we were actually able to go on a field trip with our homeschool group. Joshua thought the information about radiology was fascinating. Nathan fascinated himself with rock, paper, scissors. :-)
We started a new history unit and Joshua enjoyed making his own Stonehenge and Jessi shared pictures of her actual visit to Stonehenge. Love teaching my boys.
Then we did school on Saturday without anyone really noticing they were learning. We read a book about mischievous leprechauns. Leprechauns left a scavenger hunt with a pot of gold at the end. The silly leprechauns dyed the milk green. We did our history lesson which coincidentally was on Saint Patrick. We made corned beef and cabbage with Irish soda bread. Joshua did most of the cooking himself!
See I promised fun pictures as life returned to normal.
No comments:
Post a Comment