My husband has always been a hard worker. He knows where he wants to be and he accomplishes his goals. This was my third graduation with Matt. The first graduation was as an undergraduate, then there was medical school, and now residency. Our life operates in four year segments. The greater the pain, the greater reward is certainly applicable in this situation. We have certainly felt the challenge of residency and it definitely surpassed medical school in being a stressful and hard experience. With the challenge of residency, my husband has become a confident and competent Anesthesiologist. I am truly in awe as I listen to him consult with other doctors on the phone. He is speaking another language. We have become stronger as a couple and as a family. We know how to celebrate holidays on any day that we choose because Matt was usually working the actual holiday. We know how to rely on each other and know how to be flexible. I am very proud of my husband and this amazing accomplishment.
The Venue

Pre-graduation pose
The Graduate
Ahh the very painfully long graduation is over!
Two of the other anesthesia wives
And their husbands matching our pose ;-)
Later that evening there was a banquet to celebrate
The diploma says June 30th so although he is graduated he is still hard at work for a few more weeks as a resident. However, he is functioning as a staff anesthesiologist. Crazy that we are moving in a few weeks and Matt will begin as an "actual" doctor there.
1 comment:
As his mother, I am also in awe of him!! He truly is a hard worker, a wonderful father and a good husband. I am so proud of him and all that he has accomplished. He told me in 8th grade he could do this and he did!! Way to go Matt! Love you always and forever!
Post a Comment