The last month has been a roller coaster. There have been moments of laughter, moments of crying, and moments of confusion. Tuesdays have been marking the weeks that Mom has been gone. I tried to get out and go to the mall and ended up crying in the Hallmark store because something reminded me of Mom. Then other times I am laughing and just enjoying life. It is easy to do when this your crew!
One of the days that Joshua dressed himself and was very proud of the outfit.
This is a big deal! I 'blame' this change on Aunt Lizzy! Joshua never touched a bug until after our vacation to SC when Lizzy helped our Joshua become one with the outdoors.
Another trip to the Magik Theater. Nathan amazes me at every show. He is so attentive especially if we buy popcorn! :-)
There were water gun fights.
Nathan busted me getting a spoon of PB out of the jar and it is has also become his favorite treat too.
My workout crew!
Target still is one of my happy places.
Kisses make everything better.
Anticipating success, followed by disappointment because it didn't work, followed by sweet success with some brainstorming!
Story time and Nathan is putting the moves on an older woman.
We also had some background stress going on during this month. We didn't really look too hard for housing when we traveled through Mississippi because all of the homes seemed to be sitting on the market for a really long time. The location we had been directing our search in just didn't have anything that seemed right. We had decided to live on base because the housing there is nice and no risk as far as selling at the end of 4 years. However, there have been continuous road blocks but I was trying to be diligent and just keep working hard. This road block was intensified when Matt called and we were informed that they hadn't processed our application AND that they had just filled the last spots. We would then have to just find a temporary housing situation and IF something came available we would qualify for a 3 bdrm duplex. We started looking at houses with renewed energy since we didn't have the backup plan of base housing. I found my dream house and it was sold within 4 days. We decided on a spontaneous trip to MS. I began compiling a list of homes the day of our trip with my realtor sending me homes as we were driving. I spent the entire 9 hour drive going through her list only to be told that every single home I liked was UNDER CONTRACT! We found 6 homes that were winners. We fell in love with a home or more accurately we fell in love with an area, a school, and a neighborhood. It just felt right. We were apprehensive because this home has never sold and has been sitting for two years. We loved it though and we had really liked the area. We put in our offer and drove back to TX. Monday morning we get a call that the home has a competing bid. How does a home have a competing bid that has had no action in two years?!?! We put in our maximum offer and found out Tuesday evening that we didn't get the house. At this point, I was feeling defeated and confused. Matt and I had been praying to just do what was best for our family whether that be base housing, buy a house, rent a house, or camping on the beach. :-) We both felt good about the area the house we lost was in so we looked into a brand new neighborhood that is across the street. We decided that it seemed right so our realtor took videos and pictures of the house. We are now under contract for this home. Am I scared? A little. Are we going to own this home forever because we can't sell it? Don't know. We felt like this housing adventure we were corralled into making a choice by every other door or opening being blocked. No matter the end result though we felt the peace that comes from making the correct choice. For some reason and some purpose, we are going to be living in a different area than our two original plans. However, having been the recipient of so many tender mercies I know that there is a plan and it is definitely the one I want to follow. Looking forward to our new adventures in our first home with my fun crew!
No comments:
Post a Comment