The Cutest Blog on the Block

Monday, June 16, 2014

Joys of Momville

June has started off with play dates with friends and lazy days at home.  Nathan doesn't allow me to be too lazy as he loves to move and explore.  He thinks getting on the treadmill is the best idea of fun ever!  It would be fine except that he loves to do his one leg scoot move and spin around and around and the treadmill is simply not wide enough to accomodate this type of action.


Somehow, Nathan managed to lose his shirt one night.  He is such a hot sleeper that he probably was more comfortable.  He has to leave on the bottoms though since he likes to pick at his diaper and I won't even explain the day that I found poop smeared in the crib. 



He still loves to play with any ball available.  He is such a joy and full of laughter.


Joshua and I have enjoyed playing games together.  He actually wins sometimes (for real).  How did he grow up so quickly?  Joshua is a funny kid and has the sweetest heart.  He always tries to bring peace to the home and is quick to apologize if he thinks he has made a m


Nathan is done with baby food.  He refuses veggies and chicken.  He LOVES taco meat and steak!  :-)  


Nathan and I have been taking Joshua to swim lessons.  He has finished one week and we have one more to go.  I'm not going to lie I haven't really enjoyed having to go someplace so close to Nathan's naptime and first thing in the morning.  I wish I were more flexible but I'm just not.  ;-(  I like my routine and I like my naps for my kid on time.  Oh well, I know this is just the beginning.


The biggest news is somehow I was convinced into spending money on a new vehicle.  We have talked about getting a bigger vehicle for the last 6 months but I was determined that our car was enough.  Well, Nathan has outgrown his car seat so we were going to have to switch him into a larger one.  We put the car seats in the back just to check it out and well I was sold.  There wasn't even space for half of a person.  We are blessed enough to have regular visitors and it is a pain that we have to take the wheels off of our double stroller anytime we cram it in the trunk of the accord.  So, we found a GREAT deal on a 2012 Honday Odyssey with only 18,000 miles!  I love it.  I love the space.  I love being up a little higher.  I love my back up camera.  Matt was right.  I was wrong.  The van is worth it.  


Joshua is sold on the van and loves it.  He told the saleman that we actually wanted a racecar like Lightning McQueen.  We told him we bought a racevan instead.  He was pleased.  We had the boys on opposite sides of the van but Joshua quickly wanted his seat to be moved to the middle so he can be with Nathan.  So, my boys sit side by side.  Joshua can see it all as he sits in the middle.  He pretends to fire missles at cars that get in our way of being the fastest race van.  He keeps the cheerios or toys flowing to our Nathan.  We are lovin' van life.  


Matt gave our little baby a haircut.  It was with the clippers and I got a little teary as it was so short.  Nathan keeps rubbing his head and talking about it.   By day 2, I decided he was still as cute as ever.  


As glorious, as Momville really is these days it is still nice to get dolled up and go out with my man occasionally.  We had a great couple from our church watch the boys and we went to Matt's anesthesia graduation banquet.  I can't believe the next anesthesia banquet will be for Matt's graduation!  Woohoo!









1 comment:

JessBeQuick said...

You are so beautiful! Love the dress! Also... my dream vehicle is a Honda Odyssey. I don't understand why a mom wouldn't dream of sliding doors, huge cargo space, room for 7 etc. ;)