We have been home from our travels for two weeks. It is always good to be home but I must say that my desire to eliminate some states and have our family closer grows after every visit.
The last two weeks have been filled with laughter and gratitude. Do you ever have times in life where you are just amazed at the goodness around you? My boys are happy, loving, and healthy.
We have found a happy spot for Nathan to supervise Joshua's outdoor playtime.
Joshua is trying out words that don't always make sense where he uses them. He is still telling jokes ALL DAY. He doesn't want you to fake laugh either because he is trying to determine what jokes are actually funny. He is also a little quirky these days too as he learns and investigates the world. For example, "Mom, I want to eat Nathan's fingers so I can see what his bones look like. They are supposed to be white." Yeah, don't worry I am supervising the children. :-) He still enjoys reading, playing with cars, and talking.
We visited our good friend's swimming pool. (That is one upgrade I am looking for next year-a neighborhood pool. Joshua and Nathan were both fearless. Joshua was jumping and swimming solo (with his water wings) and Nathan wanted to dive head first and drink the pool. I finally put him in an infant lifejacket/swimsuit and then placed him inside an infant inner tube with the seat. He finally was restricted enough that he could play and splash without diving in as he desperately wanted.
Nathan now wants to feed himself.
I believe his first word is officially ball. He loves to play ball by throwing it, rolling it, and absolutely loves when the beach ball hits him on the head. This kid loves life! He is standing like a pro these days and just climbed the stairs in one attempt. New adventures are coming our way!
He also loves to laugh when others are laughing.
Like I said, our house has been a happy place. Matt has been on a rotation where we have had him home a lot more often as well. Good times enjoyed by all in our house.


1 comment:
Cute Cute boys! I can't believe you have a first word before 1! None of my boys are early talkers. I feel like Grant was super fast at 15 months compared to the twins!
Post a Comment