Summary from the women's broadcast for me personally was to serve and love others more with less judgment. I need to quit being so hard on myself and on others. We are all on a journey TOGETHER as covenant making and keeping women. We just need to help each other along the way.

Also, bridge the generation gap. We need friendships among the old, the middle, and the young. I have been thinking of this a lot lately as I reflected on the women that I served with in Columbia. The 4 of us spanned in age by 30+ years at the time yet we always found things in common. The time spent with those women still ranks as some of my most cherished memories and moments.
Finally, I have had many conversations lately about raising children in this world that seems to be rapidly declining in its morals and ideas. Sometimes, I find myself fearful of the future and wondering if I will be able to protect and raise my boys well enough in this world. The closing hymn was song by the choir but we joined in on the words "If we do what's right we have no need to fear, For The Lord our helper will ever be near." The world is scary sometimes but we will be taken care of as long as we continue to obey.
I am so grateful that we have a living prophet on this Earth that leads and directs this church. I am thankful for the leadership and the preparation that went in to the meeting. Mostly, I am grateful for opportunities to listen, reflect, and improve myself and become the woman and mother that my Heavenly Father wants.
No comments:
Post a Comment