Making doughnuts at library time was a treat. However, still true to his nature he needed to wash his hands after each use of the glue since we were supposed to smear it with our fingers.
Nathan loves being in his high chair. I think he loves it because he is at our level and really feels apart of the family conversations.
Joshua has been wanting to put gel in his hair lately also. He says that he is so handsome and that it is like being a cat because of their ears on top of their head. Yep....nothing else to say here.
We emptied out the piggy bank into our new 3 jar system. Joshua counted out all of his money into tithing, savings, and fun money. He really seemed to understand the concept.
This is probably the only time you will see a pose with Nathan not smiling. I thought he was looking very handsome in his plaid onesie.
We have lots of dance parties at our house. I have the responsibility of raising gentleman and future husbands. Joshua politely went up to his Aunt Rachel and asked if he could have this dance when the movie ended and the credits with soundtrack started. However, their moves are a little wild as I kept getting lots of booty shaking in my direction.
Joshua got a Target giftcard from Nani at Christmas. She buys him popcorn and "rabbit milk" a.k.a Nestle chocolate milk. If this is just a mom trip to Target there are no such indulgences since I don't like popcorn and he doesn't need a whole bag. If Matt is with us, we may get popcorn and a drink but then Joshua gets a water. Still most of our trips to Target are just to shop. So, this giftcard was an exciting trip for him.
He had enough money afterwards to choose one toy. We wandered the aisles and he has big dreams and no concept of 5 dollars yet. Everything he chose was too much so there was an endcap display of Valentine books that I suggested. Joshua chose Fancy Nancy. :-)
I then had to make my loop through the seasonal stuff and then the decorating stuff because it is what I do and Joshua panicked that he had not gotten his toy yet. Clearly, a book was not a toy. We went back to the toys and swapped the book for more cars and some Teddy Grahams. I explained that he already had a million cars at home. He looked at the cars carefully and then responded quite simply that he didn't have these 5 cars yet.
Another moment that has me shaking my head is Joshua's declaration that he doesn't want to be on a sports team. He loves to play soccer and is actually pretty good. I know he is 3 and my kid so probably being biased. A little background information, we have been talking about the fact that he can't always win. He always wants to race us upstairs and he doesn't want to lose. We play Chutes and Ladders and if he is losing he is done with the game.
I mentioned that we may be able to find a team for 3 year olds if he would like to play soccer. He adamantly declared that he didn't want to play. I asked him why assuming he would say he was afraid but instead he asked if the other kids would win sometimes. I told him yes and he said that he didn't want to play then. Wow, right?
He is will be 4 in May what direction is life taking here? He is still a super sweet and smart kid but he has definite opinions about the way things should be only he doesn't view them as opinions but facts.
Joshua has been taking showers since he was about 1 but with the prospect of getting to take a bath with Nathan he has switched camps. Now, the key is to get everyone out of the bed and in pajamas. We need to move the bedtime routine significantly earlier to make time for this new adventure.
Do only parents with daughters get to be all cute and match? I think not!














1 comment:
What kind of mother are you teaching your child that they can't always win? Shouldn't you be explaining that even when the score says that they lost that both teams really won? I bet you used red pen when you were a teacher too! The Nerve of people these days! ;) HUGE SARCASM for people who don't know me...
Post a Comment