For those of you not familiar a current show for the little ones is Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood. It is the replacement to our generation's Mr. Roger's Neighborhood. It teaches good morals and deals with a lot of toddler issues like sharing, potty training, dealing with frustration, being scared, etc. Each episode will teach the concept with a little jingle. These get quoted/sang at our house quite often. So, Joshua has been having a lot of accidents lately. This is frustrating as he hasn't ever had any problems before. The most annoying part is that he will literally be dancing and jumping on the couch face down trying to make the sensation of needing to go to the bathroom to go away. I am telling him to go to the bathroom and he is crying, "I don't need to go." Then he agrees and takes off and wet pants occur. This scene happened again today. I did not yell but I said very firmly that I was very frustrated with him. He simply looks at me and says, "Remember what Daniel Tiger says, 'When you feel so mad that you want to roar, take a deep breath and count to 4' see do you feel better?" I respond in a very calm voice, "Daniel Tiger also says, 'When you have to go potty stop and go right away..." He looks at me and says, "Hmm good point. I will try to remember that next time. I'm going to change my pants."
Oh my!
2 comments:
Oh my oh my! TOO CUTE!! We will have to look that show up :)
That's hilarious! I was totally singing those songs as I read them. We love that show in our house. :o)
Post a Comment