We had an amazing time! We were able to see both of our Moms on Mother's Day. Julia was able to cut my hair. We shopped and found some fun things for ourselves and for the baby. Monday night, Matt and I went to Columbia to have dinner with some of our friends. They surprised us with a baby shower; opening those gifts and knowing that our friends were supporting us really meant a lot. Joshua and his fan club all had a water gun fight. He didn't really know what to do at first but quickly caught on. I loved hearing his excitement and laughter as we left for Columbia.
Tuesday, we took Turek family pictures in the morning and had a fun day at the park followed by ice cream that afternoon.
Wednesday was a big day. We had made plans to meet our birth mother, her sister, and her mother at their home for the first time. I have spent a lot of time texting with our birth mom's mother but that is it. Matt and I both wanted to be sick because we were so nervous. We walked in and honestly it was so relaxed and comfortable. Don't get me wrong this is still like the most intense "first date" I will probably ever go on so I know I had a little nervous chattiness going on but we all made it. I felt like I really received the confirmation I needed from them that this is going to happen. I also was happy to hear that they want to be included in the baby's life. There can never be too many people to love a child. We are honored to share him and excited he will be ours in just 4 weeks.
After our meeting with them, we went to my parent's house to have a family party. Mom always picks a day during our trip and says to anybody interested to come on over. These gatherings are always slightly crazy but definitely worthwhile. My sweet friend, Kristi, drove with her kids almost 2 hours just to be in on the visit. We had a fun afternoon! Wednesday evening after Joshua was in bed which was early due to no nap we stole Julia away and took her to dinner to celebrate her birthday. It was great to get her on her own and really catch up.
Thursday after the twins finished up a half day of school we took off to Frankie's Fun Park. This place is awesome for everyone. We spent a few hours! Then that evening we took my brother Jimmy to the outlets and found clothes for him and for our new baby. I know, I know we already had a boy but it is just the way I know to celebrate. :-)
Friday, we had a relaxing day at home and headed back to my in-laws house. There was more laughter and fun before bed time for Joshua. Then once Joshua was tucked in and asleep all but Dad Turek went to see Iron Man 3.
Saturday was a travel day but not before we had a big family breakfast together.
We love Texas but there is something about going home. We are amazed at the relationships we still have with people there and feel truly blessed by our Carolina friends and family.
He loved flying and was AMAZING every flight!
A little iPad action during church
Getting a little shape up from his Aunt Julia
Fully embraced the water gun action...love the "thinking" tongue
Our Columbia people!
Joshua LOVES to play the piano. He has a certain music book that he "plays" from as well and will switch it out if a different one is there.
Window markers were a hit!
My dad trying to keep up with Joshua in the fun house at Frankie's.
Trying on the helmet at the batting cage.
My sister had a birthday while we were there and she requested a cake with fruit. Matt and I whipped this together with the fruit we could find. My mom had planned to do it but she fell earlier that day and was hurt. (Found out later that she broke her elbow-my mom has the worst luck of anyone I know.)Dad showing Joshua the flight simulator program. Joshua was fascinated by it.
1 comment:
im all emotional! Im so glad your visit was so wonderful!
Post a Comment