The Cutest Blog on the Block

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Butterflies and Too much Orange

 I recently helped a friend make these cute cupcakes.  I was intimidated at first by making these butterflies but now I am so glad that I did.  I think the next time around they won't be that difficult.  All you do is draw a butterfly and then put wax paper on top.  Then we melted wilton candy melts and traced the butterfly and filled it with pink or yellow.  We then placed the butterfly still on the wax paper on a folded piece of construction paper propped inside a muffin pan which allowed it to dry at an angle so the wings would be bent.  The kids loved the butterflies!



Today at story time, we stayed for the craft.  Joshua chose all of his own colors for his craft.  He  simply tore up paper and used scissors then placed his paper on contact paper.  He had so much fun plus he really worked those fine motor skills.  My only issue here is there is a lot of orange and purple.  We need to educate our young child even though we live away from SC these days.

1 comment:

Alyssa said...

Cute! I'm so glad you made those butterflies too! You can do anything when you just try girlie! Love that the first thing you saw in Joshua's craft was the need to teach him about his Gamecock heritage ;)