The Cutest Blog on the Block

Saturday, May 5, 2012

Happy Birthday Party With SA Friends

Matt had his last weekend off for awhile so we decided we best go ahead and celebrate our little boy's birthday with our local friends.  I didn't want to do anything over the top but I did want Joshua to have a ton of fun with his friends.  The theme was bubbles, balls, and balloons.  Due to an unplanned, exciting mishap 10 minutes before the party would start I do not have pictures of the decorations, food table, or party favors.  :-(  

Basically, the kids walked in to discover a  path on the floor which led them straight through the ball pit and tunnel.  Then the path continued through a house with balloons in every corner outside to two awesome bubble machines.  We had bubbles all the way out to the main highway.  The 13 toddlers loved it!  

All of the food was round and the kids took home with them a balloon and a bottle of bubbles with labels that read, "Thanks for poppin' in and celebrating with us."  The exciting adventure was the fact that I spent the day before the party and the morning of the party making 5 billion okay only 5 million cupcakes.  I frosted them and decorated them with jelly beans since they are almost round.  Of course though my desire to match took over and I sorted the stupid things by color and even bought 2 bags so I would have the right colors.  Ten minutes before party time I was preheating the oven to cook the quiche and I forgot that the cupcakes were hiding out of Joshua view in the oven on plastic trays!  That's right one house filled with smoke and cupcakes destroyed and unable to cook the quiche before I scrape the melted cupcakes out of the oven.  I was so happy Matt was helping throw this party.  He drove to Wal-Mart and bought cupcakes that actually were delicious and matched the colors of the party.  Pretty lucky indeed!










1 comment:

Alyssa said...

Looks great and sounds fun! So sorry about the cupcake mishap!!