The Cutest Blog on the Block

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

More Christmas

Christmas Eve brought more fun and excitement. We played games, watched movies, and just hung out. I also did all of my cooking and went to buy a special treat for Sunday morning. I made my dad work too because he fixed our lawn mower and then mowed our grass!!!! I was so happy about that! We ended the night with the Christmas story and Joshua participated with some magnetic nativity pieces.

Then while we were sleeping Santa came to our house!
No your eyes are not tricking you Joshua, Matt, and I all have matching flannel pj's courtesy of NaNa (Matt's mom). :-) We were adorable.
Dad and Jimmy look like they are ready to go back to bed. :-)

Also, note the Elmo and guitar below. Joshua LOVES this toy but I don't know how long I will be able to love it. I do love to watch Joshua dance with Elmo.
Matt sharing a bite of his Shipley do-nut with Joshua. We used to be such good parents....

Growing up we would always have chocolate milk, orange juice, and Krispy Kremes on Christmas morning. I continued that tradition here in Texas for everyone but traded the Krispy Kreme for Shipley's our Texas do-nut.

Christmas day came and went. The wrapping papers were all cleaned up, church attended, and new gifts enjoyed. It was truly a wonderful day! Then late that night my parents and youngest siblings loaded up their car and took off for SC.

I spent the next day scrubbing, cleaning, and preparing for Christmas #2 while Matt was busy at work! That's right we were lucky enough to celebrate the holiday twice! I had to really clean because while my family was around the stomach bug found its way in our house one more time. Basically each person had a day of sickness I did not want to share that with anyone plus I was still sick free so their was some personal motivation as well!!!

The Turek family including Sassy showed up Tuesday at 2am. We welcomed them in and went back to sleep.

We enjoyed each other's company and just had a great few days together. I don't have any pics but Tuesday night Mom and Dad Turek set up the living room for Christmas number 2. They sent all of us kids to pick up a Texas must-eat Rudy's BBQ while they worked their magic. We came home to a living room ready to go.

Joshua went straight to his pile of presents and began opening....nope.....throwing the presents out of the way from blocking his new kitchen! He LOVES his kitchen.

We all opened some nice gifts and it was nice to have the "Christmas" together.

Wednesday we went to lunch and the ladies plus Mom who was taking this picture all went to have pedicures plus do some retail therapy.
We spent lots of time at the playground. The Turek's went to check out downtown and enjoyed the beautiful Christmas lights. Matt and I went on a date Thursday night definitely a perk of family house guests!

Joshua loves watching himself on all of the electronics lying around which all seem to have videos of him on them!
Joshua loves riding his new "sit" which was a gift from Bambutter (Matt's grandmother on his mom's side)
Snuggles and kisses from Aunt Jess
He loves giving kisses. Kissing Aunt KiKi
And Nana
More smiles from this happy boy
It was a magical 2 weeks of relaxation and laughter. Joshua loves all of his family members and certainly KNOWS that he is loved. We spent the day following each family visit with Joshua wandering around the house asking for each person or Sassy. He still asks for everyone but he asks for Sassy the most. Dogs and kids are just made for each other. (No we are not getting a pet) :-)

1 comment:

Michael, Casey, Collin, and Tate said...

Vanessa your house is so cute! LOVED the post! I'm totally stealing your doughnut breakfast for next year! ;)