Movers came this week with our furniture! YAY! Matt and I didn't feel good about the movers and the vibe that came along with them so we had them just carry the boxes in and leave them. We then unpacked them all ourselves and hauled the boxes to the front of the house for them to pick back up. It took them until late afternoon to carry the boxes in and for us to verify that everything was here. Joshua was a lot of help as I'm sure you can all imagine. :-) I was just grateful that Matt was able to be here as he was supposed to be working that day and being that he's an intern this is still not like a regular job where he can just take a vacation day when he wants/needs one. His program director graciously gave him part of the day to help me.
I am a crazy lady and really can't sleep when there is work like this to do so all the boxes were unpacked by the next day. I then started arranging and of course had to do some shopping. I have found some amazing deals and really had a great time decorating my first house. However, major props to all those with nicely decorated homes this is a lot of work!!!! The house is definitely not finished but I wanted to share my progress as requested by some of my friends. Plus, you will notice some blank shelves, blank walls, etc that you can feel free to make suggestions.
Ignore the empty picture frames I have pics coming from snapfish and also ignore the cord you see in our front sitting room that goes to the laptop that I am currently using to type this blog. It conveniently hides in one of the storage ottomans.

New living room rug from Homegoods. It is green, tan/gold, red, and blue/black. 



Bad picture of the bathroom but this is a tough room to capture....basically orange candles on the walls with a coordinating rug and hand towel. I found the flower arrangement that compliments and fits perfectly on top of the wicker storage shelves.
2 comments:
Vanessa,
I know you're happy that your furniture arrived! Your house is beautiful and it looks like you are doing a great job decorating it!!
Looks beautiful!!
Post a Comment