The Cutest Blog on the Block

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Dr. Captain Matt Turek






May 6, 2011 Matt and I celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary. We celebrated with a crowd though as this was Matt's graduation day. The family gathered together, and we all watched as Matt traded in his Mr. for Dr. I am so proud of him. Following the ceremony the Surgeon General of the United States who happened to be the commencement speaker then gave the oath of office for all of the military medical students (I mean doctors) :-) to be promoted to Captain. I am proud to be married to a man who wants to help others as a doctor and is willing to make the sacrifices that will come by serving in the military. After the ceremonies we went out to eat and gave Matt a few graduation gifts. Matt surprised me with a beautiful diamond anniversary/graduation ring. He said that he wouldn't have made it on this path of becoming a doctor without me. Heart melted...eyes watered....I LOVE this man!

2 comments:

Melody said...

Congratulations Matt! It looks like it's time for a grand new adventure!

theSwensenFamily said...

Congratulations, Dr. Captain Turek! That is awesome! Wow! Fours years of medical school....DONE!!! Now it's on to the good stuff and a whole new chapter in your lives! May the next 5 years be as happy as the first! Vanessa, I love your dress! You look gorgeous! Matt, you too!! Ha! Ha!