The Cutest Blog on the Block

Sunday, June 13, 2010

The Shopping Game

I have made a few attempts to use coupons and to follow the deals over the last year. I became interested when we had a class on all of the how-to's and all of the success stories at a church activity for the ladies. The problem was this class came right after I found out I was pregnant. At that point in my life I was trying to keep my head out of the toilet and praying for the energy to put a smile on my face each day for my students. That stage was followed by another and then baby arrived...I would use a coupon here and there but nothing worth bragging about. Well I was in Wal-Mart on Tuesday and noticed they still had a Sunday paper. I bought it and thought why not just take a glance and see what deals are out there. I went to southernsavers.com which is a website that really helps with the savings. I was shocked because basically all of this week's deals had coupon matches in the paper I just bought! On Friday, I took off on my own (first victory) and went to Bilo, Publix, and CVS. The results....I got items for free and almost free. I did multiple transactions at CVS so I could use my extra care bucks to pay for the next set of purchases. This is a lot of work and I can see the argument made by some that it isn't worth it. I have made this same speech. However, I was elated by my steals and deals. I can see now how people could become addicted to the couponing world. I plan on joining in as often as Joshua allows. As far as my mom status goes I am still not up for the challenge of serious shopping with him in tow especially when you add in the coupon game....maybe in a few weeks?

2 comments:

Monica&Kevin said...

yay! you're better than me, i still haven't had the guts to do cvs...so much planning! but i did have $20 worth of coupons i used when i went grocery shopping last week-woohoo! congrats, you're officially addicted :)

David and Michelle Christianson said...

Hurray for shopping and getting out of the house! And shopping with coupons, even better. Sounds like things are going well for you guys. We miss you a lot and wish we were back (especially with all this rain here)!