The Cutest Blog on the Block

Friday, May 21, 2010

Lovin' Life

A content boy after a good meal - Week 1
He LOVES to have his hands free and usually right beside his face. We found him this way after a nap....free from the swaddle and one arm free from his gloved sleeper. :-) Week 2
He loved his first bath and really loved the water in his face. He just blinked very fast. The tears came when it was time to get out and be dried off.

He did not like coming home from the hospital. He screamed the entire time and he is still not a huge fan of the car seat. We are working on this.

Updates
Joshua and I are doing well. We had some feeding issues for the first week but now his belly is full and he loves his mom now more than ever. We are having to use a bottle which was also not on "my plan" but he is happy and full which is the most important part. A typical day at our house involves a feeding every 3 hours. The feeding is followed by a very productive diaper change. This is then followed by some "playing", singing, or whatever else I can come up with to keep him awake for a little while. This is then followed up with a solid nap until it is time to eat again. During the nap time, I am scrubbing bottles and accomplishing a few other tasks or maybe catching some shut eye myself. I feel like I was born to be his mom. I love him so much and spend most of the day thinking about him and how to take care of him better. I am adjusting to my new life and looking forward to whatever will come. I know their will continue to be challenges with taking care of our little guy but I know that I will have the help I need.

2 comments:

theSwensenFamily said...

Oh, he is so CUTE!!! I wish I was there to snuggle him! I had no idea you had an emergency c-section?!?!? It sounds very traumatic and the fact that they had to put you completely out! Scary! I'm so happy it all turned out okay! What and ordeal! Sorry, about the breast-feeding thing! It is SOOOO stressful and much more difficult than anybody ever tells you. All that matters is that your baby is happy, fed and content and that YOU are happy. Bottles are wonderful! Take it from me! I'd love to hear all about it! You sound so happy and I am so happy for you! Give Joshua kisses from me!

David and Michelle Christianson said...

It sounds like you are doing a great job being a mother. I wish I could be there to see him in person. He is so adorable! I hope he is sleeping well for you. I know you are a great mom!