The Cutest Blog on the Block

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Joshua Huntington Turek


After a long day of laboring Joshua's heart rate suddenly dropped and so an emergency c-section was required. My epidural was out of medication because I was trying to feel the contractions to help with the pushing so I was just quickly knocked out to deliver the baby. Matt was allowed to stay even though some of the doctors wanted him out because of the nature of an emergency c but my ob allowed him to stay. The last thing I heard was we are getting your baby out and her husband stays where he is...he is finishing his third year of medical school for goodness sakes. I woke up in extreme pain and desperate to see my baby boy since last I heard he was in danger. I was hooked up to the morphine until the next day. It was a traumatic experience but worth it completely.

Joshua was born at 2:53 on Friday, May 7th. He was 20 inches long and 8 lbs 2 oz.

We love him dearly and can't imagine life before him. We have survived our first week at home and we are adjusting nicely.

4 comments:

David and Michelle Christianson said...

Congratulations!!! I have been checking your blog everyday to see if you have posted a picture. He is absolutely adorable!! I heard what a hard time you had and am so sorry. We have been thinking and praying for you. Hope all goes well from here on out! We miss you!

Monica&Kevin said...

He's so cute I want to come over now and kiss his cheeks! But I won't--germs!

Lynsey said...

Congratulation. Joshua is a cute boy. Glad everyone is ok. Sorry you didn't get the birth experience you wanted, but either way, you ended up with one cute boy!

blanca said...

he is so freakin' cute. his face looks so mature! hope you are adjusting well. can't wait to meet him.