The Cutest Blog on the Block

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Last Day

Tuesday was my last day of school and I had a great day. My friend Kristen made muffins for in the morning and brownies for lunch. We ate Subway for lunch courtesy of my team. Then in the afternoon my kids, parents, and team mate had a surprise baby shower for me. It was so sweet and the kids really enjoyed seeing me open baby presents. I think it was good closure for them since we haven't focused on the baby too much because of what it represented to them. I had some kids crying and lots of hugs even from the toughest of my kids. I was on autopilot and it all felt surreal all day as teachers wished me good luck and those teachers that I've worked on the same hall for 3 years stopped by to wish me well. It hit me when it was finally time to go and I looked around my room to make sure I hadn't forgotten anything that I was actually leaving. I have been in a classroom in some capacity since age 4 so it will be an adjustment. I am looking forward to motherhood and I know that I am very blessed to stay home with Joshua. It is time to turn the page and see what is next for me. I am hoping that I will be a good mom and find joy in this new role in life.

1 comment:

theSwensenFamily said...

It's bitter sweet, that is for sure!!! It's obvious you are LOVED!!! You have touched so many lives and you'll be remembered forever! But now you're on to bigger and better! The difference you make in your children's lives will have a greater impact on the world than anything else you could be doing right now. You're going to be a GREAT mom and you're going to love it!!! There will be days you miss work and the people interaction but you'll always be a teacher. That is the great thing about motherhood! Good Luck these next few days!!! I'm dying to get to know this little boy!