The Cutest Blog on the Block

Sunday, December 20, 2009

Clean house--check!

Matt and I have been doing a project a day for the last week and a half. We cleaned everything including vacuuming behind/under all of the furniture, scrubbing baseboards, and even sanitizing blinds. :-) We took everything out of our storage closet and our bedroom closet and then reorganized all of the boxes to make more space. We took a couple bags to Goodwill and a friend helped us carry off some furniture we don't have space for. Matt took apart a desk which we tucked under the bed and now feel that we have so much more space!

We are filling that space slowly...the crib is up and our new glider rocker with ottoman is beside it.

It felt really great to take the time to do all of this with Matt's easier schedule this past week. I have heard rumors that I won't be seeing him much for the next couple of months so it was great to take advantage of his help. Now, we get to enjoy a little Christmas break in a freshly cleaned/uncluttered home.

1 comment:

Cherie (and sometimes Senor) said...

Douglas and I were JUST talking about doing this during this week while he's off!! I wished we could've before we brought lil Bug home but oh well. But yes, we were talking about wanting to pick a room a day and clean it top to bottom!! I'm so excited...your house kind of falls apart for approx 3 months when a little one arrives--don't sweat it, just roll with it.