The Cutest Blog on the Block

Saturday, September 5, 2009

We are alive!

I have been so out of the habit of blogging mainly because I always forget to take pictures and then I think I shouldn't blog about it because I don't have pics. All posts are better with photos. I still don't have any current pictures but I thought should at least come on here and let everyone know a few updates since the step 1 exam.

Matt has finished his first rotation of psychology and neurology and is now working on internal medicine. He is really enjoying "the real world" versus the class world of the last 2 years of medical school. He wears a tie everyday and feels like a real grown-up. I am so proud of him.

I tanned, relaxed, exercised, lost 12 pounds, and just THOROUGHLY enjoyed my summer this year. I even did a little summer school and made some extra money. I have since though said goodbye to the pool and showers to "start the day" around noon and hello 4th graders. It was a rocky start to school this year but now everything is in balance. I am so in love with my kids this year. They really are so sweet and I see so much potential in all of them. I am enjoying the transition from third graders to fourth graders. I am looking forward to a great school year. I really think that it will fly!

Well that is an update. Matt is on call all day at the hospital on a Saturday no doubt (ahh the life of a medical student and the wife). :-)

2 comments:

theSwensenFamily said...

Matthew J!!! (this is Mark...I'll admit it...I blogsurf on occasion) Congratulations!!! Now all you have to do is find a residency program in Oregon so you can live near us. I'm so happy that it went so well for you. We just had a new anesthesiologist move into our ward...it made me think of you. Are you still planning on that?

theSwensenFamily said...

That comment was intended for the previous post...you're a smart medical student. I'm guessing you figured that out. Dentists aren't as smart...