The Cutest Blog on the Block

Saturday, October 3, 2009

New car, new calling, new addition....





New Car
Matt and I bought our first car together as a married couple. We traded in the white Honda Matt brought to the marriage for a 2007 black Honda. We love it. It was quite a purchase but coming from a family where cars were always "fixer-uppers" and a constant money drain and headache I am happy to have another reliable honda. Our white honda was a 1999 and would have been able to keep going if it wasn't for the annoying leak in the back floorboard that had us worried about mold. We hope this one will be just as reliable.

New Calling
I was released last Sunday as the 1st counselor in the yw's presidency. I am sad to not work with my girls every week and to not get to be around the great ladies in the presidency. This is the second presidency I've been in since being in this ward. I've enjoyed 2 years in the young women's program in the ward. I have a new calling...still with the young women. :-) I am now the second counselor in the stake young women's presidency. I am excited about the new adventures that this calling will bring. Plus, I will get to go to Relief Society on Sundays when I'm not going to ward conferences. We had our first meeting on Thursday and I am excited about all of our plans.

New Addition
Well folks if you haven't heard yet.....(drum roll please)....there will be a new Turek coming sometime in the beginning of May. I am just over the 2 month mark according to the ultrasound. I have been vomiting daily for three weeks and have just felt all around horrible. It is crazy how something so exciting that I've wanted for so long comes and completely knocks me on my behind. We know this will be an adventure and we are very thankful for this blessing. Matt has been so great already. He comes home from the hospital and does all of the housework as I come home from school and sleep. He also has gone to Wal-Mart almost daily to buy some new magic thing that will not make me sick.

Side note- We wanted to be secretive until the 12 week mark but as people at school tried to send me home with stomach flus and swine flu because of my running to the restroom and then back to teaching the news had to be shared there. If everyone at school was going to know then I wanted those closest to me to know too so it is officially out now it is on the blog. :-)

Side side note- I haven't been sick all day today. Could the puking be over???? I think I'm going to try and go for a walk today before I become completely lazy.

2 comments:

theSwensenFamily said...

What!!!!!! How exciting! Congratulations on everything, especially the little peanut!!!! Wow! Lots of changes are coming your way. How wonderful! I am so sorry you've been so sick. Those first few weeks are not fun! Protein always made me feel better. I was a cottage cheese fanatic those first few months. I am so happy for the both of you! You will make amazing parents. This is all so perfect! Congrats again! Stake YW's.....they are going to love you! What lucky girls!

Alyssa said...

Cute car lady! I'm excited for your new calling adventures...still figuring out how to get along with you though ;) You'll have to keep open to the spirit in my behalf and send me those pats on the back when I'm feeling down and frustrated--I don't know what I'd do without those! And of course you know I'm stoked about the little one--can't wait to find out which kind you're getting and to start planning that baby shower :)