The Cutest Blog on the Block

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Step 1 Complete!

July 15th we raced to the computer and checked the website to see the much anticipated step 1 board scores but the score wasn't there! We went to bed the night before anticipating the scores to be loaded at midnight. Matt had to leave for his rotation at the hospital and I continued to hit the refresh button every 20 minutes. Finally I gave it a break and went to the pool. I came back around 11 and decided to give it a try. The screen brought up the option to "print scores." I immediately began calling Matt who answered after about 5 attempts. I opened up the document and read it to him over the phone. I gave him the news that he passed. He was so relieved and then I gave him the score. Matt of course responds to me, "Sweetie, where do you see that at, what do you see near that number?" He didn't believe me! He did so well on his Step 1 board exam! We are thrilled since this test has a lot to do with residency placement for medical students. We are so grateful and both know that Matt received a lot of help on his exam. Heavenly Father certainly exceeded our highest hopes and prayers with this one.

Thanks to everyone that has been so understanding as Matt dilligently studied the last several weeks and to everyone who said a few prayers as well.

3 comments:

Monica&Kevin said...

Yay!!! Congratulations again!

Alyssa said...

Yeah for Matt! Such a HUGE accomplishment! And I know exactly how Vanessa feels :) You know Heavenly Father can't help but bless a great YM Pres that's in med school!

theSwensenFamily said...

Hurray!!! Congratulations! I'm sure you aced it and got the high! No surprise there! You're going to make a great doctor!