The next day was Christmas Eve. We played a fun game of ultimate frisbee. My mom had a breakfast full of Matt and Vanessa requests. :-) We then played some more games, visited some more, and waited for present time. My family has changed their tradition a little since Matt and I got married. The kids basically open all of their presents on Christmas Eve and we have Christmas together on that day. Santa still brings a few things for the next day. Everyone loved the gifts we gave this year which made us very happy. One of my presents was Cranium Wow! I love this game. We had a great time playing it together too. Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures of some of the hilarious moments from that game!
Julia gave Matt a haircut. This was only her third male haircut...what a brave/kind brother-in-law.
Late on Christmas Eve, we said our goodbyes and it was off to the second destination on our Christmas travels. We drove the 45 minutes to Matt's parents' house. We chatted for a while, but it was soon time for bed. We awoke early in the morning to find the beautiful scene of Christmas lights, presents, and a fire in the fireplace.
I think Kira is telling Jessi something funny here. 
This picture is a little fuzzy, but I like it anyway. This was the scene on Christmas morning. Those are Matt's nutcrackers too that we will display someday when we have a place to do that.
We had a wonderful time on Christmas day. We opened presents and more presents. We were definitely blessed again this year. We even have a trip to Asheville in 3 weeks with tickets to the Biltmore house! After presents, we ate a wonderful breakfast of crepes. This was followed by a failed attempt at a nap....but then replaced with a jog. :-) I know better choice.... We then watched movies, told stories, tried out new gifts, opened more gifts, and just enjoyed each other's company. It was nice to have the entire day to spend with each other with no place to rush off to.
Matt and I posing in front of the tree before we took off for Christmas destination number 3. (Notice the new red sweater I am wearing. This was a Christmas gift from Mom T. --Way to go, I love it!)
Our final destination was Athens, Georgia for a bigger celebration. We were able to visit with Matt's grandparents and some aunts, uncles, and cousins. It was a great time had by all.
We ate good food
opened presents
played a "right and Left" present game with a story that we helped create
laughed and just enjoyed each other's company
Good food
We had a wonderful Christmas vacation this year. It was probably the best one we've had yet.
2 comments:
It was really good to see you both! Looks like Christmas was a wonderful time for lots of family, presents, and fun. Luv ya bunches!
What a fun Christmas adventure--it is super nice to spend a full day with family when you have no place to go! Is Matt sleeping in the driver seat?
Post a Comment