The Cutest Blog on the Block

Thursday, September 7, 2017

Life is moving along

We had a fun solar eclipse experience.  It gave our science school work purpose and then the day of we alternated running outside with our glasses on and watching the NASA live feed.  We were only in a partial zone and I would have loved to go to an area with 100% but I was afraid of the traffic predictions, the gas outages, etc.

We decided to not do Nathan's preschool to fully enjoy the free lifestyle of home school so I captured his solo photo.


Joshua got to meet up with his best buddy from the last two years of school.  


Both boys are playing soccer this season and they had try-outs to help with forming teams.  Nathan was beyond excited and determined to do everything exactly like brother.  It was cute!


After soccer tryouts, the boys and I loaded up for a SC trip.  We drove straight to Rock Hill and arrived as everyone got off of work.  It was nice to eat dinner with our family, sleep down the hallway, and see everyone off to work well Nani at least.  PopPop and KiKi left way too early.  

We did school work in the morning and then drove to my Dad's house.  




I wanted to take the boys to Skytop Apple orchard since Matt and I did that so many years ago and created fun memories.  It has become a tradition for the Turek family just not these Tureks :-( since we discovered it and then moved to Texas.  The boys thought it was an ok experience.  They didn't quite give the excitement level I would have liked for my efforts but I enjoyed it.  









The bamboo path was both of their favorite parts of the day and the apple donuts.  


Nathan was sneaking up to see if this was real.  :-)


Julia gave the boys haircuts.  

One of my grandparents came over and just let the boys talk and talk and talk.  



Joshua lost tooth #4 on this trip.  


Nani and KiKi made the trip over and we ate dinner and played at The Big E.  This is their dreamland and they had a blast!

One day after doing school work, I took Joshua to explore some parts of the pasture that I used to explore.  He is definitely a city kid.  :-)  


Julia took the boys to a birthday party.  I read for two hours by myself and didn't feel the slightest amount of guilt.  Can I please live by family forever?


Jimmy came over and played the fun role of Uncle.  

We came back and got to real work.  Just doing a little dance and memorizing using the computer.  

Story time is done best when you are in the tent.

I am teaching seminary on Wednesday nights and the boys are really sad about getting to see the youth for a few minutes.  

Then this weekend we had our first visit from our newly relocated family to MISSISSIPPI.  Jessi and Peter are still 5 hours away but I anticipate seeing them much more often than we did when they lived in Utah.  The boys both tried to love on their new cousin.  

Uncle Peter spent time playing Pokemon.  


Nani and PopPop came too so it was a real treat for us all!  We love family time.  Nani brought Harry Potter party favors so my boys were thrilled.  



Matt came in and got right to working his magic.  The babies love him and he loves them back.






Unfortunately, the weekend ended way too fast but we were able to eat at Cracker Barrel first.  

Temperatures were something other than miserable mixed with steam so we enjoyed an evening of bike riding followed by a morning at the park.  Can't believe the first week of September is over already!



No comments: