The Cutest Blog on the Block

Saturday, July 22, 2017

Home in July

I decided to take the boys and head for a visit back home.  We stopped in to see a set of Matt's grandparents, an aunt, an uncle, and cousins (two generations of cousins)!  Nani and Aunt KiKi met us there and we had a party!  Aunt Kacky restocked my book supply too so it was a winning stop!



From there we drove to SC to stay with my Dad.  We took a drive to visit a set of my grandparents.  Papa Junior loves tractors and he took the boys on their first rides.  





It was the first time my boys had been there to visit.  It was nice seeing my boys in a place that I spent so much time as a child.  I have great memories here.



We went to the kick off for the Gaffney Peach Festival.  We had fun and enjoyed doing something different but it was so hot!  


The community is playing a game where they paint rocks, hide them, and leave clues on the Facebook page. Then people find them and hide them again.  Nathan stumbled upon a rock without us looking so we joined the game!






There was a bounce house which is always a hit!




The next morning there were more Peach Festival festivities. 



The boys weren't thrilled to rehide the rocks they found the day before so they were excited to paint new rocks and keep these.  :-)




The kids were asked to pose for the local paper as they were the only kids present.  My Mississippi boys are going to be in The Gaffney Ledger and they are still the homepage for the facebook page.  



We went to a blue grass event and the boys thought the music demonstration was entertaining.  



Nathan has rhythm in his soul.



We ended at Taco Bell.  Joshua was a big fan!


Another set of grandparents came over one evening for a fun visit.  



I don't know that I've laughed this hard in a long time.




We split our time between Blacksburg and Rock Hill.  

In Rock Hill we went to the fire station museum.





Took the dogs for walks.


We went to the York County Museum.





We went to the children's museum and Joshua loved the vault door since it reminded him of Harry Potter.  


We went to lunch.

I got in some snuggles with my new nephew, Christopher.





Taking care of Christopher


The boys got haircuts by Aunt Julia.


Julia got "pampered"


Joshua lost tooth #3 bright early one morning.

Lots of swimming.  We went swimming at Aunt Anita's house, Aunt Angie's house, and at a neighbor's house in Rock Hill.  The boys loved meeting cousins and splashing in the pool.  

This particular day was at Makinlee's birthday party.  My brother has a girlfriend, Jade that we adore and her daughter turned 5!



 Nathan loves Jimmy's girlfriend!  He may love her as much as Jimmy!  Watch out Jimmy.

Nathan made sure we kept a close eye on him.  He loves to be under the water and has zero fear.  Don't worry he is still alive here.  


We love my nephew, Collin.



Church with my boys.  I always love going to church in Gaffney.  There's something about a place filled with people that have loved you your entire life.  

Loved having Jade with us!

Collin would run to me and say Va-Va.  I told him that he was a lucky kid because I wanted to be a doting aunt and he was just making me feel so loved.  I would give him anything he wanted.  I would give him the moon.  He then proceeded to keep saying, "Va-Va, moon." He would grin and smile and crawl up in my lap.  I got on Amazon Prime right then and sent him the book, "Goodnight Moon."  ;-)


Joshua loves Lizzy's shark collection.  He thinks she is pretty cool Aunt.  She also brought special library books for each boy to read while they were there.  Plus, she sent them home with a disney infinity character from her collection.  

My Aunt Deb and Uncle Les made the long trip to see us as well as my cousin Afton.  We had a good visit too.  Family is so good for the heart and soul.  

Boys were great sleepers on this trip.


Timehop delivered this little nugget so we had to capture this moment.  Dad is almost at his two year mark of hair growth.  I love my Dad and  I miss his face!

We were able to meet up with Nana Jackie and Landon for a movie and Nathan's first experience in a bumper car.  



More lovin' on Christopher back in Rock Hill.




Restocking the house with all three grands!

Learning games from Uncle Peter

The boys also got to play Lego Harry Potter with Aunt KiKi which was a highlight.   I just didn't capture a picture.  

My bed mate while we were staying in Rock Hill.  I had to move him every single night.  There were nights of peaceful sleep and nights of kicking and yelling out in his sleep.  Nathan snores occasionally and giggles in his sleep.  These boys are quite the roommates.  

Nani and PopPop had this awesome slip n' slide for the boys to play on.  I took off for Columbia for the day.  I had lunch and dinner with friends.  It is amazing how some friendships just never diminish.  It was great to catch up with those friends.  The boys played in Rock Hill all day.  










Julia came and picked the boys up from Rock Hill.  She said they had a blast and then Lizzy continued the fun the next day.  I stayed in Rock Hill a bonus night to go to the temple with my mother and sisters in law.  It is always good to go to the temple but a very rare treat to go with family. 

Got to visit with my 97 year old great grandma.

Dinner at Fatz which is right by the boys' favorite landmark. The booty with a rash. :-)

We had a wonderful time visiting with our family and friends.  We could have stayed longer but we missed Matt.  We traveled home like rock stars!  Made it in 8 hours and 30 minutes with our one fuel/potty stop.   I love my dudes!




No comments: