January started off with Rachel taking the boys to get fish. This was a promise made back when we first moved to Mississippi. The boys were beyond excited and each gave the set of fish different names. Unfortunately, we had a disaster with tank malfunction and all the fish but one died. It was a hard moment for the boys but they have recovered. Nathan was convinced the fish could come back to life like Lazarus from the Bible.
Matt and Joshua built their first pinewood derby car.
Nathan was the most energetic kid at the derby and he cheered for everyone!
We celebrated Matt's birthday. He is the best dad and husband. I love him when he spoils me but I love him more when I watch him love our boys.
This couple was a favorite of Matt's while serving his mission in Alaska. They were celebrating their anniversary in New Orleans so we had to make the drive to say hello. It was a nice visit. We were shocked when shortly after the sweet husband suddenly passed away. Such a reminder again that we aren't in control and that tomorrow isn't promised on Earth.
Lots of warm park days this January.
Giant Monopoly game for one of our ladies nights at church
Nathan has really livened up at his Bear Cub Class
We went on a double date! It was the best!
Joshua celebrated his 100th day of school. I was proud of my crafting! (It's rare)
Movie and s'mores
Nathan making everyone laugh!
"Mommy, can I please splash in the puddle?" (Not quite what I had in mind)
Day 2 of puddle splashing
Pete the Cat show
Fort Building
Park playing
Nathan leading everyone in sand angel making
Haircuts make me feel happy
Making his spider man hands and face
Moms are fun too! Dad is always the fun one so they were shocked! :-)
2 comments:
Love it! Isn't it fun to be the fun one on occasion..I'm the same way--Dad does all the fun crazy stuff! We got our first pet(s) this month too...thousands of worms in a worm bin a friend couldn't take with her as she moves. :)
Another great month in Mississippi.
Post a Comment