Because I like to torture myself, I decided it was time to potty train! Elfie brought Nathan a potty watch since his main problem with potty training was the constant nagging from me. The watch sings and plays a tune when it is time to go and try by the end of the day he was dancing to the tune and going to the potty. We had some messy adventures but by the end of day three we had ditched the watch. Now, we are approaching a week and a half of no accidents!
Lizzy and Dad came to celebrate Christmas. We wandered the mall while Joshua finished up school.
That night we went to a FREE model train museum.
Saturday everyone ditched Nathan and I to go see Star Wars.
Sunday was church day and it was Nathan's last week of nursery.
Lizzy of course spoiled her nephews with unlimited time and she brought gifts.
Monday my Dad gave the boys skates for Christmas.
We sang Christmas carols together.
We ate lots of yummy food and just enjoyed being together. I seriously need to reconsider celebrating all month long or learn that food isn't required to celebrate. I'm definitely fat and happy right now. :-)
Tuesday Lizzy and Dad left and we took Nathan for his second follow up appointment. The surgeon decided we could do tubes the next day! Wednesday, Nathan had tubes put in his ears but he was cleaning by the middle of the morning. (Although, he got pretty fussy and complained of pain later in the day.) I hope this will put him on the right health path soon.
Rachel stayed an extra day to help out since Nathan was having the tubes done. We sure love her and will be so sad when she spreads her wings and flies solo.
Now, I'm sitting here with all three of my boys doing their own activities. My heart is full of gratitude for my family. Tomorrow we have no plans. Saturday is Christmas Eve. Sunday is Christmas Day and we will have Matt's parents and siblings arrive in the evening and stay here all week.! I'm excited to continue our family traditions for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. It makes my Momma heart happy to hear Joshua excitedly tell Nathan all the things that happen at Christmas. I'm also looking forward to hosting more family!
No comments:
Post a Comment