The Cutest Blog on the Block

Sunday, October 2, 2016

Turek Day: Tacos, Tricks, and Treats

I love making special memories and days for my kids.  I love that they actually remember and tell me to make sure we do (fill in the blank).  Anyways, this year I was thinking about how much they have both been talking about Halloween and they love trying to figure out how to surprise each other.  I decided the way to celebrate being a Turek was through tricks and treats.  

The boys would grab a labeled heart with either a location or the word treat and then off they would go.  Of course, I let them wear their costumes for the activity too.  (Yes, Nathan was spider man last year but he insists that spider man got a lot of candy last time so he is going to do it again the same way.)
Joshua's face says it all since I didn't really explain what the "trick" was going to mean.  


Plastic balls dumped on their heads!

 Trick: Come wake up Mom.  


They loved that I was wearing a Darth Vader mask.  Joshua literally fell on the floor.

Back from knocking at the door to get a treat and ready to draw the next trick or treat

Trick: Go to sleep in the bed and wait.

In comes Mom with a spray bottle!



Cute little trick or treaters

Last treat assignment was to make rice krispy treats together.

We also had a few more tricks not photographed.  It was so much fun!

We also told tongue twisters and ate tacos.  Nathan devoured probably half a pound of taco meat with cheese!  Joshua actually ate two tacos which is saying a lot for him.  We talked about all the things that we are grateful for about each other and what would be missing if we were missing one of us.  I have a pretty special family. 




They both wanted to know when we would have our Turek dance party but Joshua ended up feeling bad and everyone was pretty tired from their camping adventures the night before so we decided to post pone.  

No comments: