The Cutest Blog on the Block

Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Some September

So I need to get back to sticking to a topic for my blog posts but this is going to be another dump.

Joshua giggling over the use of the forbidden word F-A-R-T

Nathan and I having our bonding time while we wait for school to dismiss

 Fun with Nani and PopPop at the trampoline park


 Took the boys to the Children's museum on Labor Day as Nani and PopPop drove away.  It helped with the tears. 



 This month has been filled with one day big boy changes.  Nathan announced he would wear underwear.  He spent the whole day accident free and was rewarded profusely.  I can't get the kid to put underwear back on yet!  

Nathan decided he was done with the crib.  Slept a whole night and two naps in the bed and now he is back in the crib.


Joshua is still living life in the king....

 I just wanted to document this book.  It is some random book not one of the most loved or remembered but it is Nathan's favorite.  We read it a million times a day!

Got my hair cut which always rejuvenates

My Dad finally came to visit!  He is officially retired so he came and was quite the handy grandpa.  I had the privilege of speaking at a women's conference hosted by my church.  It was for women of all faiths though and it was incredible.  We even had a member of each of the women's auxiliaries attend from Salt Lake.  I was uplifted and had some new insights into things I may want to do in the future.  These are all recorded in my personal journal.  


Aunt Julia and Aunt Lizzy sent some goodies for both boys as well.  


After Joshua "taught" my Dad how to play Pokemon, Joshua received instruction on paper football games.  

We signed this kid up to be a tiger cub!


 Matt has resumed his commitment to exercise.  So proud of him!



 I really love taking Nathan to bear cub club.  He is growing up so fast.  It hurts my heart sometimes.


 Apparently "we" are Alabama fans.  Enjoyed watching the game together as a family.  Matt and I were a little late to the party because it was our temple day on Saturday.  We are still going strong with our once a month commitment.  It was an extra special day as a sister in our church reached her goal of attending the temple for the first time.   Plus, we brought our own names.  This makes it ultra awesome!


 Then Monday was talk like a pirate day and receive free donuts at krispy kreme.  The boys think it is fun even though Nathan doesn't eat donuts.  We told Nathan they were for Bethany which he refers to lovingly as "his princess."  We wanted the donuts for our once a month family night we host at the church with a few families from the congregation (working our way through the roster).  Family night was another success.  Dare I say out loud that we are finding a groove with Matt being the bishop and feeling like maybe we are moving forward and making a difference?  Better not.  Never mind. ;-)

  I am sitting here now enjoying some quiet time and realizing that in a week another month will be behind us.  Life with my family is good.  My boys are amazing and my husband is my hero.  We have been really busy lately but it has been with noble and worthwhile endeavors which I think counteracts the tired.  I continue to tell Heavenly Father that I am ok if we are not supposed to have more children but keep me busy and filled with worthwhile projects.  So far so good.  

No comments: