The Cutest Blog on the Block

Wednesday, April 6, 2016

March Wrap-Up

I decided to try another round of infertility treatments.  I finished my 6th month of meds and yucky symptoms with a bunch of weight gain and just battling to feel good and look good.  It was a trial that I think I endured well but I was feeling really optimistic this last month and when the doctor called to tell me that not only did the meds not work that my hormones were worse than they have ever been and she really wants me to see another specialist, I felt crushed.  I am grateful that I always know that God is in charge of our lives.  I have a testimony that babies come when the Lords wants them to come.  I just always try to be faithful in doing my part.  With that being said, please remember us if you encounter someone considering adoption.  Thankful for the friend who tried to remain anonymous on my sad day but I know anyways.  She loves me and I felt the love on my door! 


Then it was time to celebrate St. Patty's Day.  We love any reason to celebrate especially if it comes with a theme!






Picnic just because we can.


                                                                          Feeling pretty


Playgroup Easter activity


Shakirra helping Nathan with her two kiddos on either side


 Nathan loved hunting for eggs and he was very happy with his paw patrol basket


Felt like I needed a craft distraction


Easter Egg Hunt at Joshua's school


Getting ready for Easter week. Nathan loves to shout, "Hosanna"


Nani landed on Good Friday and both boys talked to her at the exact same time over top of the other since there was no PopPop to share the love!  Nathan loves his Nani but his first words were, "Where's PopPop?"


The Easter Bunny came on Saturday.








Then it was off to the New Orleans Zoo.






Then Sunday was Easter.  Remember how I said last post that March was going to be one to remember.? Well the day that Matt got the kidney stones he drug himself out of bed to meet with our stake president for the church.  He called and asked Matt to be the new Bishop of a brand new ward (congregation).  This news came as a complete shock.  The last two weeks as we have kept this news a secret we have been challenged.  That was partly why I took the pregnancy news so hard because it came two days after the other announcement.  Life is going to be challenging and rewarding and just different.   We had planned on going out of town for Easter but were grateful to have our in-laws come to us instead since we needed to be around for the occasion.  We had a wonderful meeting at church and some special spiritual experiences that I have recorded in my personal journal.  After church, we hosted an Easter dinner for some friends.  It was a wonderful day/evening.  



Then Monday morning I got up with the boys and took off for South Carolina.  We kept at our usual record and arrived in exactly 9 hours!  We are rock star travelers!  

It was a nice week of relaxing and the boys being wild!  They love the freedom they can experience in SC.  




Loving their first cousin and my first nephew!





Nathan loves Sammy and loves that Sammy is old enough to not care and just lie around.  He was trying to share toys for Sammy to play too!


This is me posing and feeling great as I left to go meet Kristi at the outlets.  She is always so good to drive all the way to me.  I can't drive all over the state so I have decided to just let people know where we are and if they can or want to come then they will.  We had a great time shopping without our kids!  I hate we didn't take a picture together!


While I was gone Julia kept the kids entertained with baking cupcakes, decorating cupcakes, bubbles, and more!



We had our traditional and loved trip to the Big E with Nathan's birth family.  I love open adoption!  


Thursday Aunt Lizzy had the day off and she had ordered mold-able stepping stones for each boy to use in her garden.  They both thought this was a great activity!  




Trampoline fun and a competition to see who could get the blackest off the old trampoline.




Kings Mountain Park to hike, run, and explore.



My Dad tookFriday off and we tried to keep ourselves entertained on a rainy day.  We eventually ended up outside and wore the kids out on freeze tag!  That evening we met my in-laws at Fatz and enjoyed dinner.  Saturday morning this was how I discovered Joshua; he is a wild sleeper!  We made the trip back without major incident although we did encounter some wrecks, a gas pump that didn't work, and contact lenses that decided to stop operating.  


No comments: