The Cutest Blog on the Block

Monday, April 11, 2016

April

We returned home Saturday and listened to General Conference Saturday and Sunday.  This is my favorite weekend of the year.  I love hearing from the Prophet and the other leaders.  The boys always do such a great job listening and playing conference BINGO.  Nathan got tired and became a little wild, but he was still manageable.  Monday came and I spent the day restoring order to the house I had abandoned for a week.   Then Monday afternoon Matt took off to New Orleans to pick up his mom.  She came to enjoy her spring break with us.  The two enjoyed the French Quarter together and the drive back.  The boys were besides themselves in excitement when Nani and Matt walked through the door.  We had a nice week together.

Tuesday certainly was a shocker!  Matt bought a new car!  He is in love and I am still not sure how he got me to agree to such madness.  ;-) Joshua is so excited because in just 10 Christmases this car will be his to drive.  He said, "He is so happy and will never ask us for another car!"





The boys and I agreed the best part of the trip was the afternoon we spent at the Family Fun Center.








Tried a new restaurant on the beach called The Reef and it was delicious!  We rushed out of there though because Matt had another night of church work.


Thursday, Matt and I left to celebrate our 10 year anniversary a month early in Destin, Florida.  We ate dinner with this as our view. The food was delicious and the atmosphere wonderful!







PopPop and Nani held down the fort Thursday night.  The boys had a blast!  There were movies, stories, and cookies!


Friday we enjoyed the day shopping kid free at the outlets.


We went to several other shopping centers and villages.  The weather was perfect, crowds light, and just a perfect day!




We left in the afternoon and met up with the kids and Nani and PopPop in Pensacola.  We love staying at the Navy Lodge.  Matt and I went for an early morning run and enjoyed these views.



A little beach time before heading to the museum.



We wanted PopPop to see the Aviation Museum.  Nathan puts his hand on his chin as he does the, "Hmm, trying to choose."



That's why he has a lovely black beard.




Joshua wanted to take our picture.  





After our exploration, we ate lunch and drove our separate ways.  We were about 5 minutes from home when Nathan projectile vomited all in Matt's brand new car.  It took forever to clean up the mess in the car and everywhere else.  It was definitely a "back to reality" moment.  Saturday we unpacked, cleaned up, and Matt had a baptism that evening.  Sunday was his first Sunday as Bishop; it went smoothly. Now, I find myself really trying to face reality after two weeks of non normal.   

1 comment:

Alyssa said...

Oh Matt, I'm SO sorry. That REALLY stinks. Man, Al and I went away for ONE night and it took me two days to get back to reality...it will definitely be a hard transition. But just a few more weeks of reality and back to the fun!