The Cutest Blog on the Block

Friday, January 22, 2016

Hilton Head Island, SC

So back in February I received a call from a salesperson offering me an almost "free" vacation to tour a timeshare in SC.  It sounded like a great deal and at the time we were planning on a vacation to SC in April.  I thought it would be a good time  and give us something else to do besides hanging around the house in SC.  However, we didn't feel good about spending 4 days/3 nights elsewhere so we didn't go.  Well, guess what time flew by and we only had a month before my spontaneous purchase turned into a  financial penalty.  Not only did I buy this trip if we didn't attend we would be charged $250 for a cancellation. Martin Luther King weekend we decided to go.  We arrived and after an annoying toll bridge experience, getting lost trying to find the check-in building, and then being given an incorrect room twice we were feeling pretty discouraged about this trip.  However, due to the mistake with the rooms, we were upgraded to a 2 bedroom condo!  It was such a nice room and worth the price I paid.  I would have been even more confident that I should never talk to telemarketers if we had ended up in the original rooms.
We burned some energy off that night and I can say that was the only hiccup in the trip.
 

The boys slept wild but good!  They woke up that first morning shirtless and asking where Nani and PopPop were?!?!?


We all enjoyed the shops, the view, and the playground out at Harbor Town.  



Nathan and Joshua wanted to race and run up and down this pier helping everyone get their steps in for the day.  Nathan also wanted to feed the birds but I didn't have anything so he decided to feed the boats instead.  He would throw pebbles in for the boats.  I don't know if yachts run on pebbles.  :-)






We wandered a trail and Joshua spent the entire time discussing poison ivy since we read a sign about it at the beginning of the trail.  Nathan spent the entire time hauling sticks or being carried by Nani!





There was delicious food enjoyed all day.  



This is Nathan's "boat" with his fingers as the passengers.  I love the imagination of a 2.5 year old.


Ice cream at my favorite place Kilwins.  There aren't very many of these and the first time I had it was on a trip in the mountains with the in-laws when we came to finalize Nathan's adoption.


Sunday, we attended church.  Nani played with the boys at the condo since it was a special two hour broadcast.  The boys would have been tough to wrestle and let's face it Nani doesn't get very much boy time.  It was a win for all.  That afternoon we all walked the beach that was just a block from the condo.   I stole this picture from my father-in-law.  :-)  Nathan spent the time hoping to catch a bird.  Joshua collected shells in his pockets.  


Even though I am a Carolina girl I had never been to Hilton Head.  I loved it and would definitely go back.  It is my kind of place with miles and miles of sidewalks for biking and running.  We all love the water and the sound of the ocean.  There were more shops to explore too so I guess someday we will add it to the list of returns.  It was a great visit and we can't wait to play again!

No comments: