Nani and PopPop arrived Friday morning. I went and got my haircut even shorter although that wasn't the plan. Nani and PopPop took Nathan to a celebration at Joshua's school. Once a month, they have a day where you buy treats and play outside. Sounds fun! Nathan was happy to join in and Joshua was surprised to see Nani and PopPop.
Boys enjoyed playing with their new light sabers and other goodies brought by Nani.
We made these fun ghosts that actually glow since they have glowsticks inside of them. Joshua saw this craft in Highlights magazine. We have done other crafts all month long so I assumed we were covered. He panicked when he realized Halloween was one day away and we had yet to make the ghosts!
Saturday we had a girls day and a boys day! PopPop, Matt, Joshua, and Nathan played video games, football, watched Piano Guy music videos, and ate Chinese takeout.
Nani and I went shopping, ate lunch, and got pedicures! It was so nice to spend time together without the constant chatter and focus being on little people. It may have been the first time I have been shopping with someone else without my kids aside from Matt and I going shopping on a date.
Bathroom selfie of the skirt and cardigan that was purchased on our adventure.
We all came back together and I took the kids to a birthday party a whole mile from our house. :-) Boys had a blast and I love that they have made such great friends already.
Unfortunately, the forecast came true and it started dumping rain right as we were planning to go trick or treating. It actually slowed down though and the kids had a great time. We told Nathan it was time to go and he said, "Just one more house."
Success!
We had a great visit! Come back soon Nani and PopPop!
No comments:
Post a Comment