The Cutest Blog on the Block

Sunday, March 1, 2015

February Photo Dump Part 2

These two amaze me daily.  Joshua and Nathan took off together to the church nursery.  


We have started soccer again.  Joshua was disappointed last season when he saw his purple uniform.  I couldn't believe his luck when the coach passed out green uniforms since that is Joshua's favorite color.  Joshua was happy but not really surprised.  He said that he had been wishing for it.  
  

In the fall season, Nathan wasn't walking yet so the challenge during practice was carrying him or keeping him in the stroller.  This time around it is keeping him off of the field!  There is a playground too but he wanted the soccer balls.  Here he is trying to figure out how to carry both at the same time.



Eating and getting messy as usual.  It is a good thing we got a fun package of bath toys from Nathan's birth family.  He lives in the tub!



Talking on the phone.


Wanting to be close to "Da"

He hasn't recovered from Dallas.  Matt is still his favorite parent and most requested person.


Yes, we have had weather this month where it is totally appropriate to dress this way!




We had a great time at a friend's birthday party.  I love this picture because Joshua isn't sitting down so the grass won't touch him.  He used to gag when he touched grass as a 1 year old.  


My handsome boys


A little creative dress up action.  Joshua created Roxy's chef out fit with a cloth bag and a turned around super hero cape.  


So, my husband and I try to be financially wise and haven't ever financed anything in our lives.  We began this with my engagement/wedding ring bought nearly 10 years ago.  Matt bought me a small set and has been begging me to upgrade since anniversary number 5.  I agreed for an upgrade at our 10 year anniversary but with graduation from residency happening at year 9 I agreed to an early splurge.  He gave me a gift when he graduated from medical school too.  (I know I am spoiled/lucky/blessed.)  Matt did a lot of research and ordered this beautiful center diamond from a certified dealer online (saving thousands).  Then he took it to a jeweler and my old center diamond was replaced.  I was so happy because I still have my original ring that was picked out with love a few years back!


 Post meal play thus the naked Nathan.  Joshua is focused on his creation thus the tongue out.


Driving his new cars around!



So, the pictures above of the birthday party we enjoyed temps of 78!  Below were the temps for the following Saturday when Matt and I had a half marathon to run.  This was the Missions half marathon so we ran through and around the four missions.  I thought this would be a neat race to do as we prepare to exit San Antonio.  


We were so cold but thankfully the rain mostly held off until I crossed the finish line.  Matt didn't train this round but still managed to finish before me (natural runner and mentally strong).  I did train daily minus my small break from an injury about two weeks ago.  I splashed through puddles, ran downstairs (who puts stairs in a race), ran over wooden bridges and enjoyed myself.  I finished at 1:47:33.  I am happy with my time but determined to keep going and hopefully hit  my goal someday of under/at 1:45.  My pace was right on for a 1:44 finish with my splits being all 7:30 to 7:50 but something happens to me at miles 11/12.  Next time....


Happy February!  Now, on to March and all that it will bring for our family.


No comments: