The Cutest Blog on the Block

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Lately in our world

Nathan loves sitting in the high chairs at restaurants.  He also loves to be really loud!  Our days of out to eat may be over or at least on hold for awhile.  We place our order and on the first drink refill after food arrives we basically needed the check and to-go boxes about 5 minutes before.  :-)  


Joshua loves to hide in this box in his room.  He will stay in there for an incredibly long time. The shocking part is how can he spend that long in this box but is terrified without a nightlight.



Watching a few new cartoons from "Rachel's day" on youtube.  We all loved having her here.  It was definitely a large factor in me staying sane during these last months of Matt's schedule.  He was gone to Houston, on night shift, and then back to Houston.  We have Matt back now but unfortunately put Rachel on a plane today.


Showing off his Sherlock Holmes hat from story time.  He cut the whole thing out himself.  


Showing that it is really hard to be 3 since this was literally 30 seconds later. 




He is obsessed with the fact that he is bigger and almost 4.  He insisted on placing his order at the restaurant himself.  He also was annoyed when the waitress asked a question about his drink choice and I answered for him.  


Another first since he has always been too scared.  He informed me this "was just another thing he had to do since he was almost 4."


This picture is so blurry but I loved the hoodie and it is never cold enough here for clothes like this especially for Nathan.  This kid is seriously on the move and very fast!  


We had a fun "celebrity" night at church.  We all were supposed to wear our "fanciest" dress and enjoy an evening with the ladies.  It was fun!  Matt was still in Houston but I felt like a million bucks because Joshua's eyes lit up.  He told me I was a real princess and the prettiest one he had ever seen.  He is going to make some girl feel special someday.  


Some brotherly love!  

I love Joshua and he was enough but I knew I needed another little one.  I felt a pulling at my heart to take action because there was someone else that was supposed to be in our family.  I can't describe the way my heart doubled to make an equal space for Nathan.  My happiest moments are seeing these two make each other complete.  They really do love one another and Matt and I feel like the two luckiest parents in the world.  




Some videos to enjoy!






1 comment:

Casey Boyd said...

Your boys are adorable. Wish we lived closer so we could get our boys together for a playdate!