Today, Joshua was playing with a yo-yo that he got at Christmas time. He randomly asks me who gave him the yo-yo. I told him that it came in a package from Ms. J, Mr. J, Ms. J, and Ms. J. I don't know if that's what he should call everyone...remember I'm new here. Yes, all the names do start with J. That is one of the reasons Nathan has a middle name that starts with a J. Of course, I told Joshua the actual names but for the sake of blogging it wasn't important to list. Anyway, he says I don't know who that is Mom. Well I have a book that was sent with pictures of them all during the pregnancy, at the hospital, and a week after. We sat down and took a look. Joshua started with questions I didn't quite expect yet.
Joshua Question: Where is Nathan?
My Answer: He is growing inside of Ms. J tummy.
Joshua Response: That's cool that she can do that. I grew in your tummy, right Mom?
Joshua Question: Who is this?
My Answer: We went through every person and all that I knew about each one. We laughed at them playing in the water and all having fun.
Joshua Question: What's happening here at the hospital?
My Answer: Nathan is getting ready to come out of her tummy.
Joshua Response: This is great. I was ready for him to be done in there.
Joshua Question: What do these words say?
My Answer: It says the wonderful nurses were taking care of Nathan.
Joshua Response: Well they were only a little bit good because they made him cry.
Joshua Question: Why is she making a sad face? (In reference to birth mom's sister while holding Nathan)
My Answer: She was getting ready to give us Nathan so she was sad.
Joshua Response: That is sad. I understand she is going to miss him just like I miss all of our family in SC.
Joshua Question: If he grew in her tummy and they were sad then why did they give him to our family?
My response: (No words....I didn't know what to say yet to this. So, I did what I did as a teacher turn it back into a question.)
Joshua's Answer: Oh, that's easy. I know because they knew I would miss him. I love him. That's why.
My Response: (A little choked up by this innocent and tender conversation) You are exactly right. I am so glad I have you and Nathan.
Joshua: Yep, so I love them too. She did a good job growing Nathan.
My Response: Yes she did buddy.
Satisfied, he gets up and goes back to playing with his yo-yo.
4 comments:
From the mouths of babes. Sometimes our little ones are wiser than we are. I'm glad God blessed your family with two sweet boys. Love you cuz!
So tender. Brings tears to my eyes. You have a beautiful family Vanessa!
Thank you Vanessa for sharing. Joshua is such a smart little boy; and tender. We miss you guys.
That's so sweet Vanessa. You're doing a great job of figuring it out as you go!
Post a Comment