In other news, we began official "school" again with Joshua. This summer we have just been doing our calendar and daily scripture reading with some educational activities occasionally but nothing really planned. We finished the letter A and the letter B doing one letter a week. We are now focusing on sounds instead of letter recognition. "School" has had lots of songs, books, coloring, math, crafts, etc. I also thought I would alternate poems with scripture or other short statements to memorize. We have 13 statements that summarize our religious beliefs called The Thirteen Articles of Faith. Joshua has memorized the first 2 without much effort. This kid is really going to be a nerd. :-) My favorite activity was probably when we learned about astronauts. Joshua loved "floating" around the house saying, "Oh no! We don't have gravity." Nathan likes being in on the action too. We always make sure he is right there for the books and everything else. He seems to enjoy hearing music.
We are also watching our friend Roxy again twice a week too. She is fun and Joshua loves having her around. They are both fascinated with Nathan and love to race to return his pacifier. Nathan has quite the fan club!
I also had a dental appointment, a hair appointment, took kids to the children's museum, gym regularly, kept the house cleaned, and still managed to catch some episodes of Duck Dynasty! Seriously, life is good! However, after a lot of appointments and things out of the house I am looking forward to some nice home time coming up. Turned the calendar over to September and it looks pretty calm. I like keeping my chicks in the nest safe and sound with me especially when Texas is back in the triple digits it makes doing anything out of the house pretty miserable.



1 comment:
Cutie, you'll have to give me some 'school' ideas, I think we're just really getting into that age! You sound just like me, we've had a crazy two weeks and I'm must more comfortable staying at home and going out of the house maybe 2 days a week :)
Post a Comment