We finally had our turn to meet and sign some papers. We decided to call the nursery and see if we could see him yet. Plus, I needed to tell him the great news. ;-) We also wanted to hear the plan for the day as we were told to anticipate a late afternoon discharge from the hospital. Matt and I thought maybe we would go to lunch and celebrate the news while mentally preparing to take this little guy home. We were going to be parents of a newborn again! AHHHH! Well we called back there and were told to come on back. We hugged on our little one and they start bringing us his stuff. They are discharging us now! WOAH! WAIT! We aren't ready. We both kind of thought we needed to puke.
Fake confident smile for the nursery staff
Then the caseworker walked us to the lobby and off we went with me sporting my new baby k'tan. We didn't have the carseat inside because we weren't anticipating taking anyone out yet. :-)
Strapped in and let the driving 5 mph under the speed limit begin. For some reason, that first drive out of the parking lot requires extra caution.
He needed two coming home outfits since he wore one home from the hospital to my parents house and then since he is a newborn he was dirty and needed a new outfit before we drove to Matt's parents house.
Wednesday was a very surreal day! We have had a wonderful couple of days with everyone holding and loving on our boys. Friday all the paperwork was already finalized and we are approved to travel back to Texas. Matt has left us so he can get back to work. We are waiting a few more days. Nathan is going to go to his 1 week check up here and we will fly on Wednesday. It is great to be here but it will also be great to really take our new one home home from the hospital.
1 comment:
Oh, Vanessa! I can't believe how perfect he is! I am literally in tears reading all of your posts. So many emotions & I can see how overjoyed you and Matt are to have him...finally! I am so happy for your family. He is the sweetest addition and I love the name Nathan James. Congratulations! He is in wonderful hands and I know you will bless his life as much he has already blessed yours. Keep the pictures coming! I can't wait to watch him grow. I love you so much! You are such an amazing person & this is just perfect for you! And now Joshua has a brother!!!! What a gift!
Post a Comment