They made these cute cars for the kids to run around in outside. Joshua loved telling us all about how they stayed on the line and played "Red Light, Green Light."
Inside, the kids had this fun race course to drive cars on, and they took the cars home.
The birthday boy, Ethan is in the white shirt. Joshua loves this kid and his whole family. I think he wants to join in with the 4 other kids in their family. What's one more, right?
Of course, as I am listening to, SERIOUSLY, a 45 minute story about each detail of this party adventure, I am growing increasingly more nervous by the number of "Megans" in the story. Megan is my good friend and the birthday boy's mom. Joshua is just repeating what he hears me call her but hearing Joshua say,
"I told Megan that I was all done with my cake."
"I said, Megan can I have toilet paper to wipe."
"Megan....Megan...Megan."
Hmmm, maybe it is time to teach him to call her Ms. Megan or something. I told him that her name was Ms. Megan at the end of his story. He simply laughed at me and said, "No, you don't say that; her name is Megan."
It was nice to drop Joshua off for birthday fun, but this definitely enters into another phase of parenting. Now, you have to trust them not to embarrass you behind your back.






No comments:
Post a Comment